Friday, January 7, 2011

Flirty Friday- Broadening erotic writing horizons

When I started writing professionally over a decade ago, I had grandiose dreams of writing sweet, heartfelt romance- you know, boy meets girl, bad man interrupts their romance but in the end the couple live happily ever-after and the bad man gets what he deserves. Oh yeah, and I also was a stringer for a local newspaper. I hammered out local school board meetings and interviewed the oldest person in the county- she was 98 and left quite an impression on me.


Gone are those days for the most part. Yes, I still freelance for another local newspaper and yes, I still write romance- it's just more on the erotic side of love.

When I wrote my first love scene I was hesitant. I actually wrote the entire novel Crape Myrtle and skipped over the scene completely.


Months later I went back to it- the publisher was demanding the entire manuscript. So the sex writing commenced. Once finished, I was quite pleased. Hence was born my erotic persona...and I love it.

Over the last two years I have developed my writing skills, expanded my horizons and dove in head first. I've written two erotic novellas Room 11 and Rachel's Desire and I'm reveling in the freedom of being able to express myself through my writings.

And finally, I've come to discover an online adult toy store company who accepts reviews and short writings about sex related topics. I have found my calling. And lately it's been yelling my name.

Not too much of a Flirty Friday- I just wanted to share and say thank you to all the RWBB authors and Sandy Lea Sullivan for being along for the ride. You're all the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...it's a slippery slope! :-)

Savanna Kougar said...

Dawne, yay! for you!

Mary Quast said...

Dawne, you are such a Diva!

An Open Book said...

I am becoming a person I really like and all it took was the discovery of sex writing and sex related topics- who would've thought? Not me...lol