Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Surreality of Snow

Earlier this month I talked about snow stillness on my own blog. With all the snow we’ve been getting some days it is a winter wonderland (well before the mush when everyone has been through it). Since I leave so early for my day job I get that snow stillness when it is fresh and coats the area in a white beauty that is creates a surrealness. Being out that early it feels like I am the only person in the world.

Being that it was my world since there was no one around at least briefly I walked reworking a scene in a book I’m writing. It involves lots of snow and a sense of urgency. The feel of the snow around me got me into the mindset of what the characters would be feeling. Alone with that feeling for being followed yet it is too snowy for you to be sure. Then a face comes out of the snow shocking you. Is it salvation or danger? Whew. My heart was racing as I walked. It all playing out in my thoughts as I walked.

I was looking behind my shoulder too. LOL. Even sped up a little to get away. This is what I was going for that sense of fear, pulse pounding and wanting to know. With the snow it helped me get into it. Get a taste of how it would feel. This I think will make the story read more real. The snow we had played a big part in my story. Setting the atmosphere for me. Hmmm… maybe I’ll need to give it an acknowledgement for it.


****
Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, and Total-E-Bound. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels. You can find out more about Taige at her website: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/ or blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog.


Wilde Seduction - What happens when a woman who doesn’t know how to relax meets a man whose lust for life will change her and make all her deepest desires come to life?

Buy here at Total-E-Bound.

2 comments:

Mary Quast said...

The other night a full moon shone through the trees casting shadows onto the snow covered ground. The shades of grey and the stillness of the night was mystical. I love living in the woods. :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Nothing like experiencing something directly. It does add the realism to your story.

Mary, that's very similar to how it looked on my tame prairie on the day after the full moon. So lovely and mystical. I love living here, too.