Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Call!

For those of you who had a bit too much to drink over the holiday weekend, those two words might turn your stomach. Still Last Call is the title for my next book coming out tonight 1/3/11 around 7pm EST! YAY! Last Call is a fun little romp about a drunk dialing woman, and a fireman with a conscience. Here's the blurb:

Eric Layton is used to being awakened by the phone. Firefighters are always on call.
When his phone rings in the middle of the night, he’s halfway to the door before he realizes that it isn’t his chief calling him in for an out of control fire. The woman on the other end, however, is a little out of control, and in fact a lot drunk. Before he can explain that he’s not her brother, her cell phone cuts out. His conscience won’t let him leave the woman waiting, but is he prepared for the chemistry that flares once the stranger climbs into his truck?


Don't worry, he doesn't take advantage of a drunk woman. He's got more class than that! The hero, Joanne has had a bad day. A very bad day. Can't blame her for wanting to let loose a bit, right?

Want some more info about Last Call? Head over to my website to read an excerpt, or go straight to the publisher tonight as soon as the ink dries! click here

Joanne got a taste of a drink that night, called the Slippery Nipple. You know it? I've tried a few, and it depends on the bartender as to whether they're good. I found a few recipes online. I expect a full report next Monday as to which tastes better:

The following is from Wikipedia

The most common version of the drink consists of
½ shot of Sambuca
½ shot of Baileys

Pour the Sambuca into a conical shot glass, then carefully and slowly pour the Baileys down the side of the glass so that the two liquids do not mix and the Baileys floats atop the Sambuca. It takes a knack to do this. The Baileys can also be poured over an upside-down spoon to get it to float. Some recipes call for placing a cherry (the "nipple") in the bottom of the shot glass.


Another version is to also known as “Buttery Nipple” which sounds a bit tastier to me, but then I'm not a nipple connoisseur:
1/2 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps

Glass type: Shot
Directions: Pour schnapps first and then float the Baileys on top.


This one also looks easier, which earns points in my book. What do you think? Could you get a buzz off of a slippery nipple? What's your favorite mixed drink? I'll be trying out a few as I toast Last Call's coming out. Join me?

~Olivia Brynn

5 comments:

Gem Sivad said...

Gee, I've never had a slippery nipple, or a buttery nipple either. I'll have to add that to my 'try new things in 2011" list!

Good luck on the new release.

gem sivad

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gem! I'm not sure if women are supposed to order slippery nipples or blow jobs. I should find out before I make a bar-faux-pas.

Savanna Kougar said...

Olivia, HAPPY RELEASE DAY! and mucho sales. I've heard of those drinks, but just from reading about them. Yeah, I'm a hermit these days.

I sure wouldn't mind a taste. But, I've never been much of a drinker because alcohol gets to me real fast.

Vivien Jackson said...

Love buttery nipples. Thanks for the drink. ;) And congratulations on your new release!

Olivia said...

Thanks, ladies!

I admit, I'm more of a sipper than a shooter. Butterscotch schnapps in hot cocoa is what we drink up here lol