Monday, March 22, 2010

Author Interview with April Morelock

Today I'm interviewing myself - Whooohooo... Currently, I'm a newly signed author with Loose Id and looking forward to my first published story, The Best Little Laundromat in Texas, this summer.

There's so much for me to share with all of you but I'll stick with the interview and act all surprised at my answers :>

Name: April Morelock


Genre: Paranormal and contemporary

We know you’re completely innocent. The worst thing you’ve probably ever done was throw the dog out in the rain but what’s the kinkiest, sexiest thing you’ve ever done?
Now, you know I can’t give away all of my secrets but let’s just say I must plead the fifth. My poor husband would die of embarrassment. Although there was a rope involved. :>

Most of your writing is very plot driven but how bad do you get with your writing, are we talking just suggestion or down right bondage? My writing gets very hot but so far I can’t think of one story that has bondage in it. One—the Assistant’s Secret—alludes to bondage but… oh… yeah, I did write that. ;> Ahem, yes, I believe I’ve officially written a bondage scene. It was hot, he was wearing a dress… don’t ask.

What’s the best thing you’ve ever written—the best line? Of course, all of my lines are great (a bit of sarcasm there, right now I would disagree) but it would be a toss up between “I can’t claim assassin expenses on Santa’s tax return.” To “The ability of some individuals to blow through system security like a howitzer.”

If you could have any movie star take on a role as one of your heroes, who would it be? I love Kevin Costner or David Boreanaz but my all time favorite would be a B-movie martial artists named Ted J. Roberts. He was still a teen in those movies but he’s all grown up now and hmmm… very nice.

Size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy? I know where this question was going originally so to answer you --- shorter is better. LOL. I know. I know. Bad answer but really beyond a certain length it’s just wasted on me ( LOL.) As in mss wordlength, I love to read longer but I’m about a 30-50K girl right now.

What are the hardest scenes to write for you? The ones where nothing actionwise is happening. The heart wrenching emotional scenes.

How close in real life have you gotten to one of your fantasies?
Once again I must plead the fifth but I will say my husband is ever interested in helping me with any fantasies I have.

What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?
I love to write. It’s a big experiment to me to throw two people together and see them fall in love. I hope you see and feel their stories as deeply as I do.

And finally… anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself? I can be a little wild and crazy sometimes… whether I’m writing a story about psychotic elves or a high-tech story or paranormal story about raising the dead, I try to add a bit of humor. I don’t take myself that seriously nor should anyone. I just hope you enjoy the ride through my twisted mind!

5 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

April, wahooooo, congrats on selling to Loose Id. The Best Little Laundromat in Texas ~ having spent too much time in laundromats at one point in time... well, I will assume your story provides a much better experience!

Great interview of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Congrats April!! Do you do author interviews? My book, Intimate Encounters is being released March 25th and my website is www.sierramichaels.com I noticed multiple post on this webpage, but not sure how it works. I also tried to find your email, but couldn't so I am posting here. Any info is appreciated.
Sierra Michaels

Mary Quast said...

Congrats April. But I want to know more about that rope....

Jeanne St. James said...

Congrats on the sale, April! WOOO HOOO!

R.A. Morelock said...

You guys are all so awesome. (I'm trying to post again). Your guy's interviews are coming soon :>