Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome Blood-Vine Series Author Christa Paige!!!

April: Today's interview is with Christa Paige, a paranormal and contemporary author, who lives her life probably even larger than her hero and heroines. Whether dirt biking, hanging out at the lake, or taking care of her family, she's making a splash at Liquid Silver with her Blood-Vine Series.


Welcome Christa!!  (My own sister's name is Christa :>)
I'll start out with the hardest question first: What’s the kinkiest, sexiest thing you’ve ever done?

Christa: I might have done some of the naughty things I wrote about in both Irish Kiss and Star Spangled Kiss. I’ll leave the guessing up to the readers.

A: Hmmm... research. I love that kind of research. LOL. In your writing, do you lean more toward suggestion or down right bondage?

C: I am going with middle of the road, right about Naughty Avenue with a left at handcuffs and spankings.

A: That reminds me of a horrible, in very bad taste joke that I heard this weekend --- When canoeing, the wife says over there, no to the left, harder... harder. Let's just say that someone said that the husband was probably used to it since she must be like that in the sack.

I know... awful!

Okay... back to the tough love questions :> What’s the best thing you’ve ever written—the best line?

C: This is from my first full length novel coming out summer 2010.

Ty didn’t bother to look at Gavin, his partner in the Narcotics Bureau. The fucking traitor had found his woman and thought Ty should find one as well. Gavin thought it would give them even more in common than they already had. Sometimes, Tyler thought Gavin was delusional, probably from all the lovey-dovey vibes Cassidy sent him. But Ty kept his mouth shut, not wanting to revisit the disagreement over his sexually nomadic lifestyle. Instead, he sucked down a swig of his warm soda and then set it on the little plastic side-table.

When Gavin shot him an I-know-you-too-well look, he decided to go on the attack, hoping to avoid the lecture he knew his friend was itching to give. “Leave it alone, man. Ever since you hooked up with Cassidy and the Domestic-Fairy sprinkled you with settle-down dust, you have been on a mission to drag all the rest of us happily content singles down with you. You are so whipped, man. You didn’t even put up all that much of a resistance.”

Gavin flipped a steak over on the barbeque, the meat sizzled, a spicy smell wafted on the smoky air. “Why resist?”

Ty dragged a hand through his hair. His partner could be so hardheaded some days. Now Tyler would have to address the issue for like the umpteenth time. Tyler should never have told Gavin about his growing desire for Sophie. Gavin had taken his continued interest as something more than just lust to have the hot social worker in his bed.

“Why?” Ty returned. “The whole ball-and-chain, collared-and-leashed, cramping-my-independence thing for starters.”

“Man, when you face three badass gang-bangers in a dark alley you’re tough as hell, but when it comes to a girl like Sophie you are a little pussy.” Gavin smirked as he reached over and grabbed the industrial-sized seasoning salt, which he used to vigorously douse the corn on the cob.

Ty itched to slap the smug grin off his friend’s face. “Bastard.”

“Yes, but I’m a happy and well-satisfied bastard. Ty, face it, the more you resist, the harder you’re going to fall.”

*

Detectives Tyler Mason and Gavin Marshall, from my Fourth of July novel Star Spangled Kiss.

A: There was a whole lot of lines ... good ones in fact ! 

So if you could pick a movie star for you Ty or Gavin or another hero of yours....who would it be?

C: Kivanc Tatalug is a Turkish movie star who fits the role of Traian Komar, one of my vampires. For my cop series I would love to have Chris Hemsworth to be cast as Tyler Mason from Star Spangled Kiss.

A: Oh... two new guys I've never heard of... I love learning about new, sexy men! So... um... since we're on the subject... LOL... Size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy?

C: Stories at about 45 to 50k so far. Steamy, like a hot whirlpool on a cold winter’s night.

A: What are the hardest scenes to write for you? :

C: Usually the opening scene stumps me for a while. After that, it’s the first sensual scene where I want to pull my hair out and curse at the manuscript.

A: First lines give me hernias... the first scene... I'll spend weeks on it.

Now a more personal question: How close in real life have you gotten to one of your fantasies?

C: Half-way there.

A: Ohhhh, deliciously brief. You're leaving a lot to the imagination there.

What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

C: I am a people person and approachable. I love reading and talking about what I have read. My life is busy with many different things like homeschooling, hanging out with my kid on-set in Hollywood, watching my other child do Optional Level gymnastics and camping. We love to go on quick three day get-aways. I like to be funny and find it wonderful when someone gets my humor.

A: Your life sounds really full. I've got to find out how you have time to write ... and did you say HOLLYWOOD. Hmm... is Christa Paige an alias - are you perhaps someone the Paparazzi go after during her lunch breaks? I"m intensely curious. It's too bad we're out almost out of time. Darn. Hmph.

Okay, I'll stick to the last writing question then :>. Anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself?

C: My second Vampire story is due to release the week of my birthday, 2/22/10. Bound By Rebellion is a story about reunited lovers and the hero Lucas is one of those Alpha males I truly enjoyed writing about. Right on the heels of that release is another novella release, my holiday story, Irish Kiss. It is a Saint Patrick’s Day romance that is one scorching hot ride. Cassidy and Gavin have such intense passion, the pages practically light up. I had the opportunity to write some hot scenes for that story and enjoyed being a bit wicked too.

For excerpts check out the books section of my website: http://www.christapaige.com/blog/?page_id=8

If you’d like to read the first vampire story in the Blood-Vine series, Bound By Deception, it is available here: www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/boundbydeception.htm

4 comments:

Vivien Jackson said...

My second Vampire story is due to release the week of my birthday, 2/22/10. Bound By Rebellion

... and it's awesome. What's new on the writing front, Miz Paige?

Christa Paige said...

Vivien...
Traian just took Dr. Miles, on her desk......lol

Thanks April for such a wonderful, fun interview.

Christa

Savanna Kougar said...

Hey, Christa, fun and frolickingly wonderful interview.

Vivien Jackson said...

Oooh.