Monday, September 13, 2010

Introducing Madelyn Ford

A: Today I'm talking with Madelyn Ford, paranormal romance author extraordinaire with Samhain Publishing. She's a bit shy so give her some love...

What’s the kinkiest, sexiest thing you’ve ever done:

M: Sadly I can’t think of a thing. What is the saying ‘I only play one on TV’, lol.


A: How bad do you get with your writing, are we talking just suggestion or down right bondage?

M: No bondage. Some threats, maybe, but no actual bondage.

A: That's okay... sometimes we need teased :>

What’s the best thing you’ve ever written—the best line?

M: "And leaving her heart there bleeding at his feet, Charity walked away." (from Charity Received, the next book in my Watchers series)

A: Wow, brutal woman. Brutal.

If you could have any movie star take on a role as one of your heroes, who would it be?

M: Oded Fahr as Bale from Faith Revisited. The man is just down right yummy, but when he was in The Mummy, with his hair longer, definitely Bale. I think I need to go rent that movie.

A: Now, I don't know him either - all of these authors have wild tastes!!!

Size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy?

M: I like mine loooooonnnnnggg, lol, and steamy. I just recently attempted to write my first novella, My Avenging Angel, which will be out May 25th at Samhain. Before that, everything I’ve ever written has been in the 85-100k range.

A: I like 'em long too. What are the hardest scenes to write for you?

M: Truthfully, the love scenes. It always amuses me when I get comments about how sexy they are because they give me such fits when writing them.

A: What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

M: It’s kind of funny. The other day, my sister was telling me how she finally started reading Faith Revisited and was up all night reading it because she couldn’t put it down. But…and here’s the part that made me cringe…she couldn’t believe her baby sister wrote about *whispers* sex. I didn’t start out intending to write erotic romance, it just kind of happened. And I’m okay with that…as long as my mom doesn’t read my books :)

A: Yeah, I'm concerned my mom will get a copy of one of these... wowser, I'm not looking forward to that conversation.

And finally… anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself?

M: A little something from My Avenging Angel .

Looking at the items around her, Victoria Bloom knew something was missing. She had the pentagram, outlined in chalk on the old attic floor. At each point rested a large white candle, all of which was surrounded by a circle of protection. Gingseng burned on the make-shift altar, the scent overpowering; it almost gagged her. The Grimoire of Armadel was opened to the correct page. Ari, one of her spirit guides, insisted she was ready, but still she hesitated. The one thing Tory considered to be essential for the ritual to work was the very thing she lacked. Belief.

Funny really, considering Tory was a medium, meaning she saw ghosts, and she was preparing to perform an ancient ritual all on the advice of a woman who had been dead for almost four centuries. But she couldn’t deny something had to be done. On her twenty-fifth birthday, her powers had begun to emerge, powers her guides would soon no longer be able to camouflage. Calling forth an angel, though, seemed a little extreme, even for her.

“Hurry up,” Ari whispered in her mind. “You don’t have all day.”

“Yes, the spell must be performed before the sun sets. You don’t want to accidentally call forth a demon, do you?” Sam prodded and Tory sighed. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like to be the only voice in her head.

“Boring,” Thomas added, his nasal tone a reprimand. “Now get the sigil drawn so we can get this over with.”

Tory snorted but didn’t bother arguing. It wouldn’t do her any good, anyway. One of the three guides always seemed to have the last word.

A: Thanks Madelyn. I'm always thrilled to discover new authors and read the excerpts. Do you want to see more??? Or have questions of your own that I need to ask - Let me know below.

4 comments:

*yadkny* said...

That was a really great interview! Very funny:) I especially liked the size counts question... too funny! I like my reads loooooonnnnnggg, and steamy too. My Avenging Angel has a great cover to it... I'll definitely be reading that one!

yadkny@hotmail.com

Mary Quast said...

Great interview! Madelyn, you are sooo lucky... my sister hasn't read any of my books yet. Only my mom & niece have. *sniff*

Savanna Kougar said...

Hi Madeline, great to get to know you. Writing erotic romance kinda sneaked up on me, too.

I have three sisters and I doubt any of them have read my books... I just shrug. Nothing else to do.

Vivien Jackson said...

Mmm, angel fiction! Love it and definitely looking forward to reading. Great interview.