Friday, March 30, 2012

New Contract

Call Me Miz
Coming soon from Ellora's Cave.

Blurb: 
Missouri Hess spends more time hiding her gifts than using them. Unfair as it is, after she makes suffering disappear, folks want her to go away too. Content living alone in the hills of West Virginia, she ignores those who call her witch.

On the night of a full moon, she works her magic to save a beast's life. Though she’s accustomed to ingratitude, she doesn’t expect to be bitten for her trouble. After one little nip, her world begins to shift. 

As a government operative with special abilities, Thomas Hunter works for a sub-agency of the National Security Administration. He’s a shape-shifting jaguar, and on his new assignment, the hills are teeming with more than possums and snakes. Thomas has been brought in to track his own kind, but after Miz saves his hide, beast and man have only a motorcycle riding woman on their mind. 

Now Thomas needs to keep them both alive long enough to convince the independent healer she needs a familiar by her side.
Hi, everyone. I'm sharing news today about signing my first contract in a new genre. I once wrote a short paranormal western blog series about a healer in the Old West. I called it Cat Nip. It was pure whimsy, I had fun with it, but set it aside to write more traditional westerns.


Not too long ago, I revisited the short 2500 word Free Read and decided there was a story yet to tell about my main character's descendants. Encouraged by some author friends, I wrote a contemporary, paranormal, novella set in rural West Virginia, titled it Call Me Miz, and held my breath when I subbed it.


I'm happy dancing now. Call Me Miz was contracted by Ellora's Cave for their Twilight Line/Shifter IconNo cover yet, but I found the above picture on a stock photo site and bought it because it reminded me so much of  my Harley riding heroine, Missouri Hess.
*****


For release dates, news updates, contests and a little historical whimsy, sign up for Dreamcatcher Ezine, a monthly newsletter read by Gem's Fans.
Subscribe Now (next issue, April 1)


FB  / TWITTER  /  WEBSITE

12 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Big Congrats, Gem. I really enjoyed reading Cat Nip.

Gem Sivad said...

I wondered if you'd remember it. One thing led to another and you know how it is, impossible to write fast enough to get all the ideas at one time. But Call Me Miz is the delayed result.

Thanks, Savanna.

Brenda Hyde said...

Congratulations! I love the concept and can't wait to read it. I'm a huge fan of shifter stories:)

Gem Sivad said...

Hey, Brenda. Glad to hear that you like shifters. They've long been one of my secret vices. Hope you stay tuned for my coming soon.

Karla Doyle said...

Congrats, Gem! Love the blurb. Sounds like a must-read for me. :)

Gem Sivad said...

Thanks for the support,Karla. Tip-toeing into a new genre is scary. I'm roaring in with a witch mounted on a Harley. Sometimes I wonder about how my mind works. lol

Kayelle Allen said...

That's wonderful, Gem. Congratulations on a new venture. I know you'll wow them.

Gem Sivad said...

Thanks, Kayelle.

Scarlett and James said...

Congratulations, Gem. The blurb sounds good!

Gem Sivad said...

Thank you, Scarlett and James. I'm excited to be tip-toeing into a new genre. Well, actually Miz is roaring in on a Harley. :)

Thanks for stopping by,

gem

William Kendall said...

One can never go wrong with a Harley, of course.

Gem Sivad said...

Absolutely,William. I couldn't agree more. :D