Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ads, Awards, Luck of the Irish and EPICon


EPICon-2012


 Okay, I'm sharing a big squeeee!! My Eclipse Heat series title, Five Card Stud, is a finalist in the 2012 EPIC Awards@ EPICon this weekend in San Antonio, Texas.



                                                                                                  I am so excited, for the first time ever I'm promoing in paper/print. The ad is black and white, half page, and appears in the EPIC Award Program that goes to each Awards Banquet attendee. Michael Bookman of Hartshine.com (also my website developer) put this together for me.

I don't know how much attention anyone pays to these ads (I read them) or if it will have any impact on sales (I sure hope so) but seeing the final draft I'm totally in love with my book all over again.

My book is in the historical romance category and has some stiff competition. Of course, I've now read all of these, *cheesy grin* and I'm enormously complimented to have Five Card Stud included in this group. Here they are:
EPICon 2012 Historical Romance Finalists
Five Card Stud Gem Sivad Ellora's Cave Publishing
For Love Is New Jean Hart Stewart Passion in Print
Healing Hearts Taryn Kincaid Carina Press
Passage to November Phyllis DeMarco The Wild Rose Press
Red Bird's Song Beth Trissel The Wild Rose Press
On Saturday night, St. Patrick's Day, hubs and I will be out drinking green beer in a local bar not sitting in San  Antonio. But I'll raise a mug to everyone in the competition. Good luck to us all and hope to see you next year. 

May the luck 

Gem

2 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Gem, great big congrats! Rootin' and tootin' for ya.

Gem Sivad said...

Thanks Savanna. It's not the winning, it's the promo. lol. I know the other books are great reads. I'm just happy to be in the group.