Monday, October 25, 2010

Tiaras for tatas

I write erotica, so it should be no surprise to see me blogging about boobies. Boingy, bouncy, squishy, saucy boobies. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the U.S., which is why you might have seen burly football players wearing pink shoes or sweaty NASCAR guys driving pink cars.

In fact, there are a lot of ways to get involved in the greater effort to save boobies, but one of the funnest I've seen is this:

Tiaras for Tatas
“Fighting breast cancer, one sparkly headpiece at a time.”

Here’s the promo text lifted directly from the Tiaras for Tatas community blog:

Who we are: Five women who aren't afraid to wear a tiara in public, because we’re just that awesome, and because breast cancer is decidedly NOT awesome.

What we're doing: Using our powers of awesome and sparkly pink tiaras to raise money to support the ongoing fight against breast cancer by auctioning off special tiaras4tatas items. Who knows? We may even be able to get a photograph of your favorite celebrity in one of our fabulous tiaras.

All proceeds will go to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation through the Global Race for the Cure being held in Washington, DC, on June 4, 2011.

Note that I'm not actually on the team; I just think it's one of the funnest strategies in the greater push to save boobies ... plus, there's an outside chance that this effort will result (or has already resulted) in pretty pretty pictures of Ben Browder and Jason Momoa wearing tiaras, and I could go for that with a side of shirtless.

If you're keen to do it, you can follow Tiaras for Tatas on Twitter at @tiaras4tatas, spread the word, or donate directly to the tiaras4tatas team here.

Hooray for boobies. Boo for cancer.

---

Vivien Jackson is an erotica and erotic romance writer. This nibble has been cross-posted to her personal blog. Her erotic goodies are available at Paper Bag Press.

4 comments:

Mary Quast said...

Great post. I think we all know of someone who has had breast cancer. A good friend of mine is a survivor, she's a strong amazing woman.

Christa Paige said...

How fun is that? I can't run, or do all night marathons, but I could wear a sparkly pink tiara for a bit to get some buzz about the fund raising. I sure would like to see a few of my favorite actors wearing one of them as well.
Thanks for sharing!

Savanna Kougar said...

I'm all for saving tatas and wearing tiaras. I will say that there are a lot of natural cures that work. I talked with a lot of women when I worked in a health food store who used natural supplements and aromatherapy to cure their breast cancer. We even had an oncologist who would send his patients in to get Esssiac tea.

Gem Sivad said...

Helping each other get through hard times is what it's all about.

Thanks for the reminder, Vivien.

gem