Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tempting Tuesday - Gimme Chocolate


Chocolate or sex? According to a recent poll 59% of the women polled chose sex over the 41% who chose chocolate. I say, "Gimme Chocolate!" Not that I'd prefer chocolate over sex, I just feel that when used correctly, chocolate can be used as foreplay.

From the time the first coca beans were harvested by the Mayans, there has been the belief that chocolate has a euphoric impact on the body's senses. The conquistadors saw the Emperor Montezuma of the Aztecs consuming a large quantity of cocoa in the form of a beverage before entering his harem. The invading Spaniards spread the Emperor's belief that cocoa was an aphrodisiac and brought it to Europe. This belief was also shared by one of history's most famous lovers, Giacomo Casanova.

More recently it has been shown that not only does chocolate increase the sexual appetite but also produces a sense of elation similar to an orgasm. It is in fact the rush of endorphins produced by eating chocolates, particularly dark chocolates, which is most similar to the bliss associated with a healthy sexual relationship. Chocolate also contains phenyl-ethylamine which is known to stimulate the release of dopamine into the pleasure centers commonly associated with an orgasm.


According to behavioral research studying the sexual behavior of women has come to the conclusion “Women who have a daily intake of chocolate showed higher levels of desire than women who did not have this habit. Chocolate can have a positive physiological impact on a woman’s sexuality.”

Some might argue, however, that women who like chocolate are simply more sensually attuned. What do you think?

Here's a book I highly recommend.


Mary Quast is the author of the sensual contemporary romance Soul Series.

4 comments:

Christa Paige said...

After reading that, I wish I wasn't allergic to chocolate. Love the picture, I kept having a mental image of just what he would do to tease her senses while indulging his own.
Great topic.

Savanna Kougar said...

Yep, great topic. I guess, I can take pride in my chocolate habit.

Jeanne St. James said...

LOVE the pic. Yummy!

Kayelle Allen said...

I'm avid consumer of chocolate, as well as a firm believer in its various benefits. ;) My absolute favorite is Dove sugar free dark chocolate cremes. Hard to imagine but this is so rich that although a serving size is 5 pieces -- I can only manage about two. I did eat three once. I prefer it with a diet cola, but honestly... these things would be good with dirt. LOL

Great post, and the pix are hot!