Friday, October 29, 2010

Saturday Sneak Peak Excerpt ~ Meet My Witch Heroine


Omy, I hope everyone is getting ready for some spooktacular-sexy celebrating. I’m betting this will be a Halloween/Samhain to remember for many.

Currently, I’m headed toward the finish line for my latest paranormal erotic romance. ~Kandy Apple and Her Hellhounds~ will most likely be my next submission. I say ‘most likely’ because more than once life has done a one eighty on me. Still, that’s the plan, Sam. And, I’m sticking to it.

Oh! The good news. BRANDED BY THE TEXANS, my cowboy erotic romance menage, set in an alternate world I call the Three Star Republic of Texas, will be IN PRINT soon! I received the cover art file a couple of days ago. Wahooooooooooo...

But, back to my witchy heroine. She was inspired by all the *real witch* books I’ve read over the years, the first being The Diary of a Witch by Sybil Leek. She was also inspired by Samantha in the TV series, Bewitched. And of course, I added in, the three witches in the TV series, Charmed.

Yet, my heroine is none of those. Kandace, or Kandy Apple, is completely, independently unto herself. In appearance, thought, and in action.
~~~

Sneak Peak *Unedited* Blurb and Excerpt from my WIP ~ Kandy Apple and Her Hellhounds

Blurb ~

What happens when two of Hades’ most mission-accomplished Hellhounds find just the right witch for Halloween?

Excerpt ~

“You’re an Enduoir witch,” they chorused together, their gazes eerily intense.

“What the hell is that?” Kandace’s anger sparked through her. Swivelling her head back and forth, she glared at them both.

“Before we explain I believe introductions are in order, don’t you?” Mr. Evening Suit arched a brow in the same style as Cary Grant. With debonair ease, he placed his martini glass on a nearby tray.

Kandace did a double take, emotionally. “Fine, introductions. Who are you?”

“I am Zindale David Victorre, or Zin for short, and this is my twin brother.” With controlled elegance, he gestured to Mr. Tuxedo Man.

“I am Zolivar Dean Victorre. Zol for short. May we know your name?” He placed his glass next to his brother’s. His gaze remained on her, polite, but volcanic.

The entire scene would have tickled Kandace silly, if she hadn’t been on guard and wondering if they did actually know her true heritage. Could it be they had the answers she hadn’t been able to find?

“Kandace Sylvia Winter.” She’d decided to tell them her real name. What did it ultimately matter with these two, anyway? It wasn’t as though they couldn’t find out.

Their gazes snapped together as if they’d been struck by a sudden revelation. Kandace almost giggled because of the cartoon-like absurdity. Course, she hadn’t been around twins much, so who knew how they behaved with each other.

“Is something wrong?” she prompted.

“Kandy. Is that your nickname?” Zindale’s gaze glowed.

Kandace swore she witnessed blue flames leap for a split second in the depths of his eyes. Okay, now she really wanted to know who and what they were.

“Yes, since you ask. Oh, I get it now.” After giving her hair a shake, she raised one shoulder in an attitude of indifference. “Kandy Apple, my nickname, especially around Halloween.”

“Is that why you’re wearing that deliciously sexy red dress?” Zol let her know by his slow perusal of her body, he found her attractive, to say the effing least.

“I like the color. I’m also fond of candy apples. Make of that what you will.” Kandace tipped up her glass, draining it. There really was no defense against their lustful imaginings. She certainly didn’t have to take a mental peek to know the direction of their thoughts.

“We want to lick Kandy Apple for Halloween,” they rasped together.

Their voices were such polished restraint, Kandace didn’t spin around and leave. She didn’t gaze directly at them, either. We, they’d said we. Nope, she wasn’t going down that rabbit hole by asking what they meant.

Dammit, hole. Obviously, they both wanted her sex hole. No wonder those women had dreamy expressions. Two, two, at once. Oh, Goddess, why was she remembering the stupid Doublemint twins? Okay, she had seen a YouTube vid of the old commercial recently because a friend had e-mailed it.

“No, you are not licking this Kandy Apple for Halloween. I’ll send you some real candy apples.”

Why were her feet super-glued to the floor? Hell, why did her skin burn with what could only be described as raunchy desire? Frakking-crap, why didn’t one of them say something before she crushed her glass? “I believe I’m in need of another drink.”
~~~~~~

~ HAPPY HALLOWEEN READING ~

Savanna

Savanna Kougar

~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~

3 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Happy Thinning of the Veil

Gem Sivad said...

Whew! Almost missed this one. Love it, Savanna, it's candy apple delicious.

gem

Savanna Kougar said...

Gem, candy apple delicious... ah, one of my hellhounds will have to use that line. ~thank you~