Monday, May 10, 2010

Smokin' Hawt Elise Hepner... and Christian Bale, Oh My

April: I’ve been dying to interview this author for some time now. She’s hit the ebook market by storm with her hot and steamy books at Excessica. She’s also won Preditor’s and Editor’s Author’s Site of Excellent award for her A Willing Writer’s Blog in November, 2009.


Welcome Elise Hepner!!!!

It’s so good to have you here Elise. We’ll get right down to brass tacts on this. You write Erotica and Paranormal Erotic Romance. Now I’ve seen some of your stuff, you’re blurbs are pretty hot. But what’s the kinkiest, sexiest thing you’ve ever done:

Elise: Oh dear, how to answer this question when there are so many….Well, I’ll go with one of my favorites which was when my husband and I got a little frisky behind one of the displays at the National Air and Space Museum. Now someone is going to hunt me down and ban me for life for admitting this, I just know it.

April: How bad do you get with your writing, are we talking just suggestion or down right bondage?

Elise: I believe if you’re going to do it, do it all the way. I get down and dirty with my darlings, whips, chains, the whole nine yards. It’s all about what gets my character’s rocks off and I’m happy to oblige them.

April: I shouldn’t have even asked… Looking at what you’ve written, I can tell you’re adventuresome. What’s the best thing you’ve ever written—the best line?

Elise: I have no clue.

April: Elise, you’re modest. Most people have something right on the tip of their tongue. You’re blog is definitely top notch! Everyone has to check it out.

Okay, onto other things. If you could have any movie star take on a role as one of your heroes, who would it be?

Elise: Hands down Christian Bale from Newsies meets Little Women meets Batman Returns.

April: Oohhhh… I do love Christian in a strange psychotic kind of way. No one answers with him either. :>

Now onto what everyone wants to know. Size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy?

Elise: For the most part my manuscript is as long or as short as it needs to be to tell the story all the way through. I rarely plan out a starting goal on word count. But I did start out in the 1k-3k range when I first got published and have worked my way into several novella’s and novel size books. In terms of steamy you’ll always need to defrost the pages or any glasses you may be wearing after reading.

April: After seeing a few of your scenes, I know what you mean. It leaves me to wonder… if you can handle the love scenes so well, what are the hardest scenes to write for you?

Elise: It really depends on the day. It can range from a fight scene, to an emotionally taxing scene that my characters just want to avoid. Dialogue is always easy for some reason.

April: Many authors live their fantasies in their books, how close in real life have you gotten to one of your fantasies?

Elise: A polite lady never tells. Use your imagination. But my husband is certainly a satisfied man just ask him. No, really, he’ll be happy to brag.

April: LOL…. Somehow I can believe that. I should pull him in for the interview ;> But I’m running out of time. What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

Elise: I’d say for the most part I’m an open book and if you would like to know something about me or have a specific question, leave it in the comments section of my blog and I’ll answer it lickity-split. Other than that, I just love my job.

April: And finally… anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself?

Elise: Here’s an excerpt from my current work in progress, an erotica novella called “The Intern”.

I didn’t expect my first day as an intern to involve a paddle. My hometown newspaper was my dream job. I knew it would be rough. But sitting down that night in my tawdry apartment, heat burning up my thighs and ass, I didn’t think it would this rough. Granted, I knew nothing about the newspaper business, only that it was a skill that could advance my writing career and my small town had an opening for an intern. Those were the only two bits of information required other than the fact that I knew the paper’s only uses were for potty training a puppy or as a fire starter. There addition of me was supposed to help the paper back on its feet. All it did was put me on my ass. But I kept going back. I’ll never understand why.

April: Holy smokes, Batman. Christian Bale, a paddle, and what has to be smokin’ hot sex here I come. I’ve got to get me a copy of that.

Thanks for coming by Elise. Hope everyone checks Elise out at Excessica or at her blog: http://celise91writer.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

~ whew! ~ steamier than steamy interview.

Rebecca Royce said...

WOW! Christian Bale and a whip? ::Fan me:: LOL! Great interview!!

Elise Hepner said...

Thanks for reading guys, I'm glad I amused you! :)