Monday, May 17, 2010

J.A. Saare, Code-Red Napalm ... and that's just her in real life

Well, hello again to the blogosphere. I’m a little late putting up today’s interview – I apologize J. A. I’ll make it up to you someday :>


A: Today, we’re sitting down with J.A. Saare. Known for her dark undertones, which she credits to her love of old eighties horror films, tastes in music, and choices in reading, her writing has been described as “full of sensual promise,” “gritty and sexy,” and “a breath of fresh air.”

Currently she is penning numerous projects within the urban fantasy, erotic and contemporary, and of course, paranormal romance categories. So J.A. it sounds like you can get pretty dark with your writing but what's the kinkiest, sexiest thing you've ever done:

J: Getting down and dirty in a public location – `nuff said. *grin*

A: LOL… wow, maybe we should discuss your real life, although your writing can get pretty hot. How bad do you get with your writing, are we talking just suggestion or down right bondage?

J: Initially, I started out writing very sensual to spicy romances. Now? Straining roosters and wet kittens are constantly crowing and purring in my ears.

A: Wow, roosters and wet kittens. Um… wow… I don’t think you’re talking about that same visuals I’m getting… Surely, you can’t be :> …..

OH, wait a minute… better get back on track. The visuals took me to a different place there for a minute. Back to the interview, no more sidetracking. What's the best thing you've ever written—the best line?

J:That's a tough one…does urban fantasy count? If so, it would be from Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between: One bad corpse can ruin your whole day.

A: LOVE IT!!!.... LOL. And aint’ that the truth. Just talk to Sookie Stackhouse. Talking of movies, if you could have any movie star take on a role as one of your heroes, who would it be?

J: The delectable Chris Evans in the role of Caleb (Crimson Moon).

A: Man, I’m out of the loop. I’m going to have to look up this Chris Evans. Umph… I hate it when I feel out of the “know” on guys. (No… I will not take a moment to search for that hottie… will stay on track here). So … um… oh… Wow… um… so then size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy?

J: I'm a long-distance writer by nature, so a majority of my work is well over the 90k mark. The heat factor always varies depending upon what I'm writing, and ranges from sensual to hot. Although it should be mentioned that I created a new pen name, and the stories that will be written under that moniker will register as code-red on the napalm scale.

A: Code-red napalm. I like that description.

What are the hardest scenes to write for you?

J: Writing scenes with multiple characters conversing at the same time is always a challenge. It isn't that I can't see the scene or hear it in my head, but rather, the process of piecing it together so the dialogue is easy to follow by a reader can be exhausting.

A: Don’t I know it. M/M scenes are soooo difficult. There was this one scene I was writing… no, okay, won’t go there. I kind of hate asking this next question since you kind of answered it above but it’s on my list… How close in real life have you gotten to one of your fantasies?

J: That's a doozy of a question, innit? It's safe to say I've gotten close to several, and took the plunge on more than one occasion.

A: What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

J: Although I've been incredibly busy recently, I do make it a priority to speak to authors/readers who contact me. I always respond to email, no matter how deep I am in edits. I am also excited to help other authors and host a Ten Questions segment on Monday's for those interested in sharing a bit about themselves, as well as an excerpt of the story they want to promote.

A: It’s always great so see authors connecting with readers and other authors. It’s one of the things I love about Romance Writers Behaving Badly. I could probably talk for hours about writing stuff… but we need to finish up here… anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself?

J: If you'd like to learn more about me, or if you're curious about my work, you can always find me on my blog www.jasaare.blogspot.com, my website www.jasaare.com, my Facebook http://tiny.cc/jasaare747, or on Twitter @Jasaare.

Thanks J.A. Everyone should check out J.A and our other authors here or on their individual websites. More interviews coming … so watch out!!!!

4 comments:

An Open Book said...

GREAT interview ladies

Savanna Kougar said...

Boy, aren't those multiple person dialogue scenes a doozy to get out so the readers can follow the movie in your mind?

Fab interview, you two!

Chloe Waits said...

You guys sound like you had fun interviewing together...!
"One bad corpse can ruin your day" I love it!

Kayelle Allen said...

I liked this interview! And mark me down as liking the "one bad corpse" comment as well. ;0