Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rediscovering Passion

Before I write the next book in one of my series I read the previous book. This is my way of getting back into the world of that book. The feeling of it. Familiarizing myself with what I’ve created. Get the characters in the series back into my thoughts.

This is the stage I’m at right now as I get ready to write another book in one of my series. When I do this stage it always surprises me that I get drawn into the story again. Sometimes little things I put into the book shock even me. I guess it might be the distance from the book. The one I get between writing it, subbing it, taking a break from the series and then coming back to write the next. This is the good thing about having multiple series or other projects to work on. You can step away from a series and do something else.

Back to the book I am getting ready to work on. I’m back into the series and I’ve gotten that thrill for it. Excited about diving back into the series. Ideas of what to do with the book are flowing and it is all gelling together. I love this moment of rediscovering passion.



****



Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, and Total-E-Bound. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels. You can find out more about Taige at her website: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com or blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog.Check out free reads at http://www.satinnotes.com.

Power of Instinct - A woman does whatever is necessary to protect the man who is hers but once he finds out he goes with his instincts and makes her his.

Buy here at Total-E-Bound.

4 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Hoe awesome it must be to read a book and get drawn into the story, and then remember that you wrote it!

An Open Book said...

I'm the same way- I have to re-read and re,mind my creativity where I left off-
Good luck
Dawne P

Vivien Jackson said...

I don't have series, but I do have very different wips with very different worlds, so I can sort of relate. It's a sweet feeling, after leaving one alone for a while, to slip back into one of those wips,like pulling on my favorite pair of worked-in jeans.

Savanna Kougar said...

Taige, I can relate. Right not I'm doing an edit read-through of a book about to be published. Am I having a good time!