Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When Inspiration Strikes

I was thinking about inspiration. As an author ideas come from a variety of things. Anything can spark an idea that can be put into a novel. For instance I had a candy craving and I also saw a woman who had afro.

The two ideas I had I worked into a series I am working on. In book two of my series there is a candy shop that the hero and heroine of the book frequent. They both have a sweet tooth. The candy shop owner will eventually have his own story and get to fulfill the idea spark I had from craving candy.

In the series I will use the fro idea for a supper club where the main characters go to. The owner of the super club will be getting her own book. I will be writing in a sixties theme night using my afro idea spark. :)

Inspirations for ideas are all around. Taking something that happens in the everyday life then using it create a concept is a fun thing to do. The unexpected can lead to so much more. Any little thing can give you an idea spark, which will be your concept for the next book.

Taige Crenshaw
http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/
…increasing the sizzle factor

Blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog
Chat Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crenshawcafe
Newsletter: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/newsletterandgroups.shtml
Free Reads Site: http://www.satinnotes.com/

Wilde Rapture - When a woman ducks into an alcove at a wedding she meets the man who is intriguing and will tempt her.

Buy here at Total-E-Bound.

7 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

Taige, you inspired me - thanks for the cool reminder that ideas are all around us...

Avadonja said...

Totally true. Hope the candy doesn't get stuck in her afro. :) In your banner image, the woman looks blindfolded on first glance. Gave me some ideas for the scene I'm working on right now.
I had a dream the other night of a woman with Bo Derek braids with small silver bells at the ends, dancing around a fire. I stopped the project I wasn't feeling and started writing this new one. Almost finished with this first draft, and taking the break from the other project gave me time to mull that was necessary... now I'm ready to start the next one.

William Kendall said...

As writers we have to be curious.

I remember seeing this fellow once who had tattoes on him, including over his face, spiky sort of markings. The first thing I thought of was that he'd have a hard time being taken seriously. The second was that would be ideal for the right sort of character. A few books down the line, I'll be putting in an enforcer, bigger and brawnier then this guy was, with the same kind of tattoo markings.

Taige Crenshaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taige Crenshaw said...

Glad I could inspire you Kayelle.

Taige Crenshaw said...

Yes it is Avadonja. Good luck with your book.

Taige Crenshaw said...

Sounds like a good idea William. Good luck with the story.