Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF


Yeah... the weekend is here.
Yeah... we have another storm coming. Wait a minute. Did I say, "Yeah"?
Of course hubby is flying somewhere warm so I'm left cuddling with the dogs for the weekend. Off to the store to get a few necessities of life... wine & chocolate for me, snacks for the kids, and fixin's for making pizza. Oh... and a few movies.
Let's look at the Oscar list:

127 Hours
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King’s Speech
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter’s Bone

I picked up True Grit already. But what else sounds good? The Fighter might have some eye candy. Any suggestions.

6 comments:

Vivien Jackson said...

Inception was okay, but not quite to the level of the hype that accompanied it. Toy Story 3 was a pleasure all around, and I'm really looking forward to seeing The King's Speech.

The wind and chocolate and maker-your-own pizza are the real winners here. :)

Norma said...

I liked 127 Hours. Looking forward to The King's Speech.

Savanna Kougar said...

Mary, have a great weekend. I'm out of the loop on current-day movies.

Becca Simone said...

I saw all those movies except 127 Hours. The best movie -- as in most enjoyable -- for me was The Fighter. Best movie I've seen in a long, long time. Might even be in my top 10 for all time. Mark Walberg looks pretty good in it, too. And Christian Bale, while normally hunky (not in this), is AMAZING as Dicky Ward. Just amazing.

If you want female eye candy, Black Swan would be your go-to movie. Very dark, haunting and well-acted.

And if Colin Firth is your thing (he's my thing), you'll love The King's Speech.

Gem Sivad said...

I'm with Becca. I saw The Fighter and want to own it so I can watch it again.

Great list and a lot on it I want to see.

gem

Mary Quast said...

Bare chested Mark Walberg sounds yummy.