Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fabulous & Feeling Sexy


Today I am celebrating the second anniversary of my 22nd birthday. So does that mean I'm old? Over the hill? At the end of my youth? With life expectancy around 80... I guess I've only reached the middle.


I've discussed this "age issue" with my friends and we have agreed on several points. The kids are growing up, the man is mellower, the grass is greener, the sky is more blue, your secrets are safe with friends, adult beverages are good, the period is still a @#&^%*, and life is great!The older the better. You just get smarter and better looking. You don't waste time with silly things that use to worry you or silly people.

Actually I feel more sexy now than I did when I was 22 when I posed for these pix.

I've worked on being a woman for 44 years and I'm getting better at it. The girls are still perky and I know what I like. I don't put up with a lot of crap others dish out and I'm a warrior in the battle with my hormones. Taking advantage of those crazy hormones can be fun.

Hey, 40 something is the new 30 something! Keep a positive attitude and no longer be passive. Start paying attention to yourself; and yes, come and go as you please, in other words... no inhibitions whatsoever. Enjoy it, live it, and love it. Pull out those silk scarves, handcuffs, and all those things you were too afraid to try 10years ago!



I'm thinking of trying out pole or belly dancing for fun, but walking in high heels can be enough of a work out. Most women don't have a personal trainer to look like Elle MacPherson (44), Halle Berry (42) or Kim Cattrall (52) but if we get a little exercise, eat healthy, and make the effort to enjoy sex in ways our bodies will let us... we can be whatever we want to be.
A woman in her 40's can be a provocative sex kitten. (Or a cougar - a lot of young men are excited about being with a 40+ woman. The Graduate was released in 1967.) She is sure of herself and the skin she lives in. Sex is fun, life is good... it only gets better.

The conclusion of my birthday meanderings, I think being 40-something is hot. Hubby thinks so too.


Mary Quast is the author of the sensual romantic Soul Series.

Visit her website or blog, Romantic Interludes.

Visit Romantic Interludes today to read about important events in 1967, the year Mary was born.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday to a fellow Pisces (mine is Friday). May it be both fun and romantic!

An Open Book said...

OMG- your statement of actually feeling more sexy now than when you were 22 hit the nail on the head for me...so true. I feel as though my life is just now beginning, I'm loving it and I'm ready to shine...happy birthday Mary

Vivien Jackson said...

I agree totally. I might have looked better at 20, but I'm a hell of a lot sexier at 36. Experience and lack of inhibition count for a lot. Roar! (And happy birthday, hot stuff!)

Kayelle Allen said...

Happy birthday! I agree about older women being more confident and putting up with less BS. ^_^ The things I accepted at 22 absolutely do not fly now that I'm... um, well... older. ;o And yes, do the fun things now. That way, if you really like them, you have plenty of time to keep on doing them!

Savanna Kougar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Fabulous at Forty, so true. Enjoy.