Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thursday Thirteen - 13 Ways to Feel Sexy
Busy schedules and unsuccessful diets are the primary reasons many of us don’t feel sexy. Who can feel sexy when they feel tired and frumpy? Women are beautiful creatures; we just need to remind ourselves of it periodically. Now put the chocolate away (well, maybe not) for this one and take notes.
1. Do your make up and/or hair. Have you ever noticed how good you feel after a visit to the beauty shop or when you get all dressed up? You can capture that same feeling by paying a bit of attention to your self for a simply dinner at home.
2. Visit a spa, take a long bath, or give yourself a facial. Take a break to enjoy your own skin. Touch it, caress it… then let your honey touch it and caress it.
3. Work out. Go to a gym, join Curves, or just get a couple of girlfriends to walk with daily. The effort not only makes you healthy (may or may not lose weight), but you’ll notice little things about yourself that make you feel sexy. Sometimes, just actually working out fires you up.
4. Wear sexy clothing. I don’t me movie star red carpet stuff or even hooker style. A nice tight silk t-shirt that feels good when you wear it. Or an old worn pair of jeans that really flatter your assets. Look in your closet, take a close look at your favorites and think about how you feel when you wear them. If they all make you want to take a nap… go shopping.
5. Find a material that makes you feel good. I don’t mean flannel because it makes you cozy; I’m talking about silk or cotton and how it feels against your skin. When you find yourself feeling sexy in a particular fabric, purchase more items made with it. Instead of your old blend button down shirts, try an inexpensive machine washable silk blouse. It will go with everything from jeans to a pair of dress pants.
6. Wear lingerie that flatters you. Don’t buy something and wear it because it looks good on the mannequin or honey’s eyes bug out. Wear it because it feels good and looks good on you.
7. Don’t worry about your appearance. Everyone has flaws; just no one else cares about them as much as you do. So what that you have a scar from a surgery or a little pouch from having kids.
8. Plan at least one sensual experience a week for you love. Planning a sensual escapade can be very arousing. Add a little teasing in there to build confidence.
9. Take a shower together. Hmmm… water, wet, skin, slippery… oh, ah…
10. Dance seductively with your partner. Turn on the music just for the two of you. Have fun and do some dirty dancing.
11. Try being the dominant one in the next love-making session. Being in control can be a rush and very sexy.
12. Accept compliments regarding you looks and abilities. This can be a simple lesson in building confidence; and confidence is very sexy.
13. Allow yourself to feel sexy. Take time to reconnect with yourself. Try to find things that work for you, that make you feel good about you and sexy… and then do them.
What makes you feel sexy?