Monday, August 23, 2010

Take a Walk on the Wild Side with Savanna Kougar....

A: Welcome today an author I've been hot under the collar to introduce you to. This woman has fire, passion... and is pretty wild. Take one look at her blog Kougar Kisses and I see a Ted Nugent in the making (in a good way). She proudly displays her tendency toward conspiracy theory AND her love of the West.

Her energy is infectious and her writing is ... steaming hawt!

Welcome Savanna Kougar.

There are so many questions I have (like what's the fascination with cougars? and who are those hawt men on the cover above? And where'd you get the pics of the Greeks on your site? Wow - the color had to have been breathtaking!) But I guess I'll stick with the basic stuff first :>.

A quick glance at any of your titles (and from my own experience) will tell you that you write it sizzling hot but what about real life?  What's the kinkiest, sexiest thing you've ever done:

SK: Oh my, talke about X-rated... hmmmm... that might be getting a bit too personal... let's see, some of my kinkiest moments have involved bath tubs.

A: That's fair enough. Hopefully you haven't ended up in a time machine :> Those bath tubs can be dangerous -- I know from my own experience.  Let's shift it to your writing, how "bad" do you get, bondage or suggestion? We'll make it a quick answer round:

SK: Yeap, bondage occurs.

A: Best thing ever written?

SK: That's a loaded question. No clue. I like it all or I wouldn't write it. However, here's a line from Branded by the Texans ~

"I am forced to conclude that God made Dillon, Dono and Dash on his day off, for a woman's pure entertainment and pleasure, just to prove all that cowboy goodness could be crammed inside one woman."

A: Wow... holy moly, batwoman. That line I think says it all. LOL  "crammed inside one woman." OMG. I'm blushing... where's a fan. Back to fast round before I faint:

What movie star would you choose for a hero?

SK: Adrian Paul

A: How long, how steamy is just right?

SK: I'm of the "feeling" that the story takes as long as it takes. However, I try to go by what a publisher is asking for, if I'm writing for a specific line. Sizzling steamy and I've done scorching steamy.

A: Hardest scenes to write?

SK: Sometimes, it's the pure emotional scenes. That is, how the heroines and heroes are feeling at any given point in their stories.

A: How close to real life is your writing?

SK: My erotic romance novels are only that, except writtean as an entire plotted story, not simply the fantasy itself.

A: What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

SK: Geez, let's see... I have a good heart and do the best I can in life.

A: And finally, anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt maybe?

SK: Wow ~ How about one of my Flash Fiction pieces?

Flash~ You Win, I leave

One~

Cradling the butt of her phase pistol, Khyph stared at the two golden moons from the space deck of her official quarters as Marshall of Meddiea, an inhabited moon. On this rotation, the two sister moons gleamed as complete orbs, their beauty stunning. The atmosphere of Meddiea had been created, initially, to not only sustain most sentient beings in the galactic region, but to enhance every celestial object that could be viewed. Whipping around, Khyph sighed. Duty called. Duty being the rounds she made at various gambling establishments, where the most trouble occurred, as it did on a regular basis.

Two ~

Khyph was no stranger to trouble, having battled her way through more than her share, during her long days as a renegade. She'd run supplies to the underdog resistance fighters or whoever fought off the tanker-ship advance of the Jorilittes, an android race designed to inhavit, then take over a sector for the Corporate Three, a megalithic organization that thirstily sucked up the world's treasured resources. Promising prosperity, the victimized world was always left high and dry. Broke. Glancing in the small holo mirror she kept beside the door's entrance, Khyph paused to secure a loosened strand of her hair.

Three ~

For rounds she bound her long tresses tight to her head with the intention to appear more masculine and business-like. Waving, butt-length hair didn't inspire cooperation with her authority. It certainly inspired another kind of cooperation, one Khyph hadn't been interested in for quite awhile. Gamblers, and thos ewho visited the outer-limits entertainment moon, offered some fine unique sex, but it was only a temporary arrangement . Just as she'd altered her life once in the Corporate Three had been contained, now a fly-by-space lover no longer held any appearl. Palming the door open, she rapidly strode to her internal cruiser.

A: I'm leaving you hanging.... this is just too hot to put up all at once... But LOL... if you want to see more about Khyph - email me or post below and I'll send you the entire flash fiction piece by Savanna Kougar.

You can also check her out at Savanna Kougar ~Run on the Wild Side of Romance~

http://savannakougar.com/

http://kougarkisses.blogspot.com/

The year of the Tiger Truth... the roaring truth, the whole roaring truth and nothing but the real-fanged truth. And, so it is, in 2010.

Author of ~

All Shades of Blue Paradise available Siren-BookStrand Publishing
Red Lioness Tamed available at Liquid Silver Books
When a Giood Angel Falls ~ IN PRINT~ available Siren-BookStrand Publishing
Tangerine Carnal Dream available at Aspen Mountain Press
Murder by Hair Spray in Gardenia, New Atlantis ~IN PRINT~ available Siren-BookStrand Publishing
Black Cat Beauty available Liquid Silver Books
Her Insatiable Dark Heroes ~IN PRINT~ available Siren-Bookstrand Publishing
Stallion of Ash and Flame available Siren-BookStrand Publishing

6 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, wow! This is a lovely surprise. Yep, I've always been a wildcat at heart.

Thank you, April!

ElizabethN said...

I'd love to read more of khyph - is she in one of the stories on textnovel?

Kayelle Allen said...

I love the name Khyph! I have a character named Khyff. I bet they are pronounced the same. I'd love to read the rest of this please!

Savanna Kougar said...

Hi Elizabeth, yeah, Khyph is on Textnovel. I just checked my file. I posted it on January 27, 2010, if that helps and the title is: Flash ~ You Win, I Leave ~

Savanna Kougar said...

Kayelle, yes, I think they are. And, as I recall, it was your character's name that 'inspired' me. I love 'K' names!!!

I'll go post the Flash on my blog now for anyone who would like to read it ~ http://kougarkisses.blogspot.com ~

Gem Sivad said...

Nice interview April.

Savanna, everything you write is sensuous and sizzling. Branded increased the heat to scorching flames.

WTG! Miss #1 Best Selling Author at Siren.

gem :)