Monday, April 19, 2010

Manic Monday


"It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday"
- Lyrics originally written by Prince (1986)

The word manic comes from the Greek word manikos, which means "mad" or "from madness". Makes me think of the lyrics to It's a Mad, Mad World. Hmmm....

I like another definition of Manic: an excessively intense enthusiasm, interest, or desire; a craze.

I like Mondays because the kids are back in school and I have time to write again. I get all giddy with excitement and intense enthusiasm.

I don't like Mondays because the kids are back in school and I find that I really don't have time to write. It drives me MAD.

Manic Monday.

I simply want to strip off my clothes, crawl back under the sheets and feel a hand slide over my hips, fingertips brushing my skin. A firm grasp pulling me closer. Fingertips traveling through the valley between my breasts followed by stokes of a tongue. Hmm... to feel a seductive heat spread across my body. I want feel a warm breath caress my neck as lips seek my mouth; a hard body pressing against mine with promise of taking me to delirious heights.

*sigh* But... I have deadlines due, phone calls to make and cub scout meeting to prepare for.

Manic Monday.

Feel free to visit Mary Quast's website and her blog Romantic Interludes.

4 comments:

An Open Book said...

Love fingertips as they glide across my skin...thanks for the Monday morning eye-opener Mary...*clapping and breathing heavier now**

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, if my Monday was so madly passionate...

Thanks, Mary, for this fab Monday blog.

Kayelle Allen said...

I've spent Monday in manic mode too. Catching up on promos, friends, emails, cleaning, now I'm taking a break to check my favorite blogs. One good thing about Mondays (thru May 24th anyway) is that 24 is on tonight!

I heart Jack Bauer.

Keta Diablo said...

I love Colin Farrell. Really liked him in Miami Heat. Thanks for sharing this with us. Great post!