Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Aran's Twin


Prequel to the broken
Short Story

Chapter One

Slade walked into the room, and his heart broke. He found Brie lying on the bed, her once young body had aged beyond recognition, but he knew who she was. He walked over to the bed they shared and blinked fast at the unfamiliar sensation in the back of his eyes. He would seek medical attention later if needed.

She opened her eyes to stare up at the male she spent her life loving. “Didn’t I tell you to leave?”

He gave her that sexy smile the one that made her heart flip. She smiled back, but the look of grief and pain on his face was more than she could take. He reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his rock-hard body. She thought he would have left her centuries ago, but he was still here. He dropped his pants and strode closer to the bed they shared. He slid in bringing his warmth and comfort to her. She closed her eyes enjoying her male one last time.

His throat worked as she moved her frail body to nestle against him. Brie was a female Scientist who wasn’t his mate, but he loved her. He had been so sure that when he bit her, their lives would synch when it didn’t his world shattered. Not his Brie though she was a rock who told him to go find his mate. Silly female, he would never leave her side unless he had no other choice.

He brought his hand up to stroke her face. Sometimes love was a choice, and he made it when it came to her. They fled from her planet when it looked like the authorities would jail him for daring to love her. She gave up everything, her life, home, and her prestige to be with him.

There were times he still wondered if she regretted making that decision. Her hand patted his chest, and he smiled. She always loved his chest, loved that he was so much bigger than her. She was tiny compared to him.

“Slade.” Her voice sounded weak.

“Love.”

“We had a good time, didn’t we?”

“The best time.”

“I still remember when we ran away together. My family said I would come home crying, but I never did. I wish I could have given you children.”

“I never needed children all I needed was you.” That was the curse of his kind, The Created. They could only have children with their mates. If they never found that elusive female, then they never had a child.

Her mouth tilted up in a smile.

“My time is short now.”

“Don’t say that.”

“My Warrior, I need you to know I enjoyed every moment of our life together. You have both honored and loved me. When I’m gone, I want you to find her. The one you were meant to be with.”
“There is no one besides you Brie.” His voice sounded hoarse as he tried to keep himself under control. He knew this day would come when her body didn’t align with his.

“Warrior tell me about that day.”

This is a story about love and loss along with hope for the future. It starts the story of the broken with a look at what happened when the created were freed.

Coming to Amazon

No comments: