Sunday, August 8, 2021

Asa Paranormal Romance

Meet: Balja
Asa - Heaven and Hell
Book three - Series finally


Pre-order now the book is live Tuesday, Aug, 10th

Blurb:

Read the final book in the romantic, fast-paced adventure series Between Heaven and Hell 

Jayla’s hands dripped with blood, and her heart was shredded. The only road to redemption was the one she didn’t want to take.

Asa was surrounded by a wall that kept the family he loved distant. To get close, he’d have to face the thought that he may let them down.

When the female on a suicidal mission meets the hell beast unable to love, time stood still. Before it would resume, their destiny would try to pull them apart.

Could you love someone so much that you were willing to die for them? They were about to be tested. If they passed, then the real tests would begin.

Sometimes the fate of the world rested on the least likely heroic shoulders.

For readers 18 and older


Excerpt:

Moving faster than she had in years, she put her clothes up and took a shower. Asa was waiting for her, and she wanted to see him while she still felt like she could fly.

“That smells good. Not like breakfast.”

“It’s lunch, but if you want breakfast.”

“No, I didn’t realize how much time had passed.” She pulled out her phone and realized it was past noon. “Sorry, it took me so long.” Who knew that having a ‘come to Jesus moment’ sometimes took hours?

“I was happy to wait.”

Wait… what? He was happy to wait. She searched his gaze but couldn’t find any signs of a lie. He had been okay with giving her time to fight her demons.

“Who are you?”

“Asa, don’t you remember?” The frown on his face made her want to smile.

“That’s not what I meant. I know your name, but who are you. Why are you okay with waiting for me?”

He gestured for her to sit then he served her before sitting. “I’ve waited for centuries for you. I didn’t know I was waiting. How could I know that my inability to breathe was because you weren’t in the room? My soul cried out, and all that answered was the empty hollowness of space and time, and then you took your first breath. Still, how was I to know that the slight easing of the pressure in my chest was because you had been born? Then you came here, and the little bit of the soul I retained fought with my brain over who you were. When you left, I could have died, but I had to believe if my soul were correct, you’d be back. After our talk, I knew there was still a chance that you would leave.

“So, I waited. Not because I wanted you to leave. I care too much already, to make you do something you didn’t want, even if it will make my life easier. You can’t know this because humans don’t realize the other half of their souls quickly, but I know who you are to me. What I don’t know is if we have tomorrow. That’s why I’m taking a chance and telling you how I feel.”

She dropped her gaze to her plate and started eating. She didn’t want to shut him out, but that was a lot for a woman who thought she was an island just hours ago.

“No one ever cared about me. I don’t have any parents. I’m sure I do, but I never met them.” She said around bites of spaghetti. “I was raised in a house with other girls. There were foster parents. I never wondered why I wasn’t adopted because none of the other girls were adopted. When I was old enough that being eighteen after graduating high school, I thought I might go to college. It didn’t work that way. The day after graduation, I was collected and moved to a new house where I would spend the rest of my life on my back, allowing every man or woman who wanted me to fuck me or worse. That was my life. I have a Ph.D. in sex, but I know nothing about love or want. You know the rest of my story.”

“I’m a hell beast. I remember blood and screams.”

“Is that all?”

He hesitated before going on. “We have an older brother. I can still remember how he protected us, taught us to be males of honor. That didn’t mean there wasn’t blood and screams, but they had a meaning, a reason. When he was taken from us, killed, there wasn’t a reason to hold onto the decency he taught us. Those years haunt me; even with all I did, there was a line I wouldn’t… couldn’t cross. The lessons of my upbringing were hard-earned, but I wouldn’t let them go. It would have shamed his memory. I wouldn’t allow my brothers to cross that line either. Of the three of us, I was the one that came the closest to the line. In turn, for the hell I glimpsed on the other side; I saved their souls. That’s how we ended up here. We would not do what we were being driven to do. Our punishment was to be confined in the Mist. The Mist is a place designed to slowly drive you insane. Every day I wake, I expect our reprieve to be over and to be back there. I have nothing worthwhile to offer you, while everything money can buy.”




 

No comments: