Thursday, September 12, 2019

Lucca - The A'rouk Brothers #paranormalromance #aliens


The A'rouk Brothers
Book Three



Blurb:

Lucca knew enough to protect his heart. He wrapped it in ice and told anyone that would listen he didn’t want a mate. To get his point across he went back in time to what he called an “easier life.” The last thing he expected was Tempest to fall into his lap. Now he has an arm full of female, and he doesn’t want to let her go.

Tempest woke up before she was supposed to. She was running from an enemy that wanted her dead. The more she fights, the weaker she gets, then she falls into Lucca’s lap, her mate. She knows that to protect him she’ll have to leave him.

They are being stalked, and the only chance for victory is working together. First, they will have to deal with their past and put to rest the evil that makes them shy away from having a mate. Then they will have to move quickly because the ones that want them dead won’t wait for them to fall in love.

18 and older


Excerpt:



“I think a bath would be better, as long as you can keep from slipping beneath the water.”

Did he think she was a baby? She looked down at the shirt that hid her small breasts. Well, maybe she looked like she was ten. Her lips drew up into a frown.

“I just want to make sure you’ll be okay in here without me. I can stay if you want me to.” He gave her a suggestive look and raised a brow.

She broke out into laughter. Already he was making her life better.

“I think I’ll survive. You can take your lecherous gaze into the other room.”

He exaggerated the frown on his face that had her giggling. Already he was pulling her into his masculine trap. Truly, it was unfair. How dare he walk around without a shirt allowing her to see his thickly muscled chest, and his arms that made her want to put both hands on them to see how wide they were.

The worse part, he reminded her just how feminine she was.

“Hot water or cold?”

“Hot of course.”

“Bubbles or Jets?”

“Jets.”

She looked around the bathroom until she spotted something suspicious sitting on his sink.

“What’s that?”

“Ignore that.” He flushed and went back to checking the temperature.

“Tell me what they are, or I’ll crawl over there.” Might as well be specific, she didn’t think she could walk right now.

“Bath bombs.”

She blinked and then hit the side of her head thinking she heard wrong.

“Bath bombs?”

“Yeah, a couple of my sisters use them, and they swear they love them.”

“So, you wanted to try them out?”

“No.”

She frowned at him. He was confusing at times.

“Then why are they sitting on your sink?”

“I bought them for you.”

“What?”

“I was walking down the street on the way to my restaurant when a street vendor showed them to me. She said my female would love them. I knew she was wrong I didn’t have a mate, but the longer I looked at them, the more I couldn’t resist them. So, I bought them for you.”

“But you didn’t know me.”

“Doesn’t matter I bought them for you.”

She lassoed her stupid heart it was trying to jump out of her chest. I need more than bath bombs, witty conversations, and good looks to give away my heart, so stay in place.

“I want to put one in the tub.”

He brought two over to her. “The saleslady said these two should be used together. One’s fire and the other one is ice.” They were red and white, and she couldn’t wait to see what would happen when they hit the water.



Author Links



No comments: