Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Need #MMF #Alienparanormalromance

Book 2
by
Serena Simpson writing as Rena Conner



Blurb:

Jamie spent his life running from the past, ignoring it like it didn’t exist. To make up for what he couldn’t change he helped children in need. Now his back was against the wall and soon he’d be dead but he wasn’t going out alone.

was a monster at least that was what he was told growing up. Now he was on earth looking for an honorable death. It was the only way to escape becoming the monster he was called.

Angel never counted on meeting Jamie. He was the one man who not only stood up to him but insisted he was so much more than a monster or a fiend.

When death was knocking at Jamie’s door, Angel was there. Now they both have a second chance. Will they find a way to navigate the streets and the aliens that want to see them take their last breath?

If they do, something better than life might be in store for them. Can they find love in the midst of a world that insists that neither should be allowed to live?

18 years or older

Excerpt:


First thing I realized was that there was a dead end about twenty feet in front of me. If I was leaving, it would be the same way I came in. I slowed my step not sure I wanted to get trapped against a wall. The three males who were trailing me became six. I prepared for a fight painfully aware that I wasn’t packing.

Carrying a gun around children I was trying to help never helped with my credibility. I did have a knife strapped to my ankle. The thought about bringing a knife to a gunfight went through my mind. I stopped and moved toward a wall. Knowing no one could come behind me was worth the possibility of being trapped.

“Gentlemen, are you looking for someone?”

The first guy broke off. I supposed he was the second in his little gang. He was the one who wanted to keep impressing the leader.

His eyes caressed my body stopping at my ass. I was wearing a pair of jeans and a Henley. Nothing about me screamed money unless they could tell an expensive haircut from a cheap one. I’ve known some people who could tell me exactly how much I spent on my latest cut. I didn’t think he was one of them. That meant he wasn’t looking for the money in my wallet or my newest phone.

“What’s a sweet thing like you doing in my hood?” The second had a lean body filled with lots of muscle. The nicely shredded tee he wore advertised it while his thick arms said try me. He stood just a little shorter than my six feet. Whatever he was missing in height he made up in a cocky attitude. His tongue came out to lick his lips.

I knew what he wanted. I was no twink, not at my height and weight. I did have that look; I hated it but there was nothing I could do about it. My face looked like I was innocent, I laughed every time I thought about it. My ass was rounder than I liked. Yeah, I attracted every pervert alive and have since I was… no need to think about that.

“Maybe I was looking for you?” He grinned at me. One day, I was going to write a book about the clueless thug. Not to be confused with the thug who thought. I shivered; those were the ones who dominated my nightmares.

“On second thought, you’re not my type. I’m going to walk out of here without any problems.”

The leader who was easy to pick out shook his head.

“My boys need a release. Two blocks over the po-po are roaming, making it hard for businessmen like me to do our thing.”

“I can see how hard that would be for a… businessman like you.”

“Then you walk into my hood tempting my boys. What can I do? Either I let them play a little, or I’ll have to ride roughshod over them. We don’t want that do we?”

Since they were inching closer to me what I wanted was them six feet under. I kept that thought to myself. If I killed one of them, someone was going to call it white privilege. They would conveniently forget the males who wanted to rape me were also white. That was our dirty little secret. The real danger to our people were the ones that looked like me.

“This is how it’s going to work boys. I’m going to walk out this alley or I’m going to take half of you out with me.” I pulled my knife it had an eight-inch blade that was serrated on both sides. The upside, I knew it as well as I knew my body. Truth, I really needed to start carrying a gun.

The leader started laughing. I didn’t really blame him, but I’d make sure he was one of the three I took with me. No one would rape me again. I didn’t care who they were and yeah; I would die to make sure it didn’t happen.

“Take him down.”

“You may want to think about that.” There was a male who I hadn’t heard come into the alley. He was leaning against the wall. His hair was golden. It looked so natural that I wanted to know where he went to get it done. I was disassociating. I bit my cheek. The small pain helping me to stay present.

“Who the hell are you?” That was the leader. I really should know the name of the man I was going to kill.

“Doesn’t matter. The question you should be asking is how many males will be walking out the alley today.”

I looked over at the stranger. The use of the word males made me think of Lysander. Maybe they knew each other. That I could almost believe.

“What’s your name?” I asked the leader. “I hate to kill a man I only know as the inept leader of an inept gang.”

“You can call me John as you deep throat me.”

“That’s how I know you're clueless. I’d never let a man next to my dick when he’d try to bite it off.”

John cracked his knuckles making me wince. He’d regret that one day when he was older, that’s what my mom always told me.

“Boys take care of my piece of ass while I take care of the dick on the wall,” John told his gang.

“Why do you get to be a piece of ass and all I get to be is a dick?” The guy leaning against the wall asked me. I felt my lips twitch with humor, but I controlled it. This was not a laughing situation, I reminded myself.

I looked at his body. “Mine is rounder,” I told him.

His eyes caressed me making my skin flush. Then he winked. “You’re right,” he conceded.

Damn, I didn’t have time to flirt. The first fool threw himself at me thinking he would knock me off balance. Wall behind me. I brought the knife up plunging it deep into his stomach. My stomach tightened as blood poured from him. I’m not supposed to feel it when I take a life. I feel it, even when it’s the life of a piece of scum.


                                           Amazon


Author Links



No comments: