Wednesday, June 19, 2019

CA'YAL


Book One


Blurb:

Ivy was moving (she wasn’t running away from the a**hole who dumped her). Misty Hollow was the perfect place to start over, but she never expected the towns people to act like she was bringing the plague with her.

Then she met Ca’yal, and all bets were off. There was something strange about him and the town. Now she was determined to find out what, hopefully with Ca’yal by her side.

Ca’yal’s life was focused on work, that’s all there was for him. He never expected the female wiggling her rear to capture his attention. Now he can’t stop thinking about her and wondering what if. When she’s attacked by a vampire, everything changes. Now he’d give anything for one more 
minute with her.
Love might be wonderful if there wasn’t some evil trying to use it against them. If it has its way it will drain them; leaving them a soulless, powerless husk. They have to win, but it’s not that easy. The evil has a catch 22 that will drain them no matter what they do.

When your love has an expiration date is it still worth indulging in?  Join Ca’yal and Ivy on a journey to find the answer.

Excerpt:

“The food here is good. You can’t go wrong.”


She didn’t have to look up to know who was sitting across from her. It took a few minutes to get herself under control before she dropped the menu to look at him

“Do I know you?”

“Ca’yal we met…”

“Wait, I remember. We met in the store when I was shopping. You were with that other guy, the hot one.”

He gave a growl, and it was all she could do to keep her smirk hidden.

“Yes, then we went out to dinner last night.”

“Dinner? Last night? I stayed at home ate Italian, then went to bed early. What else could I do, I’m new in town and don’t know anyone?”

Ca’yal’s smile dimmed as she spoke. “I must have the wrong Ivy.” He stood to leave.

“There’s no way I faced a vampire named Hal and your brother tried to make me forget last night. I also don’t have half healed bruises on my body. In case I’m wrong why don’t you sit and explain it all to me before you leave.”

Ca’yal sat heavily in the chair. “You do remember last night.”

“Of course, I remember.” She didn’t tell him that she had to use her gift to jog her memory. He didn’t deserve that kind of knowledge.

“Why?”

“You encountered a vampire. Most people have trouble with that.”





No comments: