Monday, January 7, 2013

Resources

We all have resources useful to us as writers. Whether it be neighbors, family members, past experiences, jobs or even online friends- they are all experts in something. Do we utilize these resources to the fullest potential? I know I don't. I'm challenging everyone to get out of his/her comfort zone in 2013. Write something you've never written before. Visit a place and research it. Call someone you've only previously spoken to online. I read a quote the other day that said all the important things in life are right outside your comfort zone. Not sure who said it, but it is oh so true. I'd love comments telling how you will challenge yourself this coming year...
I challenge myself to write a few more 'sweet' romances, such as I Should Have Kissed You, this year. While they don't seem to sell as well they do tug at my heart and leave me with a grateful sigh!

4 comments:

Angela Hood-Ross said...

Great post. Makes a person think. And that's exactly what I've been doing since the New Year began. I would have to say, maybe, that going outside my comfort zone is opposite of yours. I write mainly "sweet" contemporary romances. After working alongside an avid romance reader (a lady at my 40-hour-week job), I believe I may try my hand at writing a little more detailed (but not too detailed) romance. I'll ease in to it a little at a time. I also have a goal of uploading the four novels I've been working on over the past year. Don't really know what's been holding me back, but this is the year to present my babies to the world.

P. Robinson said...

You can do it, Savannah! I can't wait to hear the news that you sold those stories.

William Kendall said...

Excellent post, Kissa!

P. Robinson said...

Thanks so much, William.