Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sweet 16 and Zombies

My son turns 16 in a couple days.  Funny, how I remember being 16.  My birthday wasn't the greatest but the year was a blast!  I spent the summer with my best friend in England.  We stayed with a man who had been my mom's penpal since 1942 and his wife.  He was a poet, she a teacher and there my BFF and I became budding writers.  It was that summer I wrote the base story that would launch the Soul Series 20 years later.


As a teen I loved reading and writing.  I am so glad I kept all my old journals.  If you know a teen, please encourage her/him to keep a journal and to read often.

One of my favorite erotic romance writers has a young adult book coming out and I'd like to take a moment to shamelessly promote it.

Coming September 25th, 2012 from Gena Showalter!  Alice in Zombieland.


She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.


Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.


Her father was right. The monsters are real.


To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies.

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes * Nook * Walmart * BAM * Book Depository with worldwide shipping * Indigo

3 comments:

P. Robinson said...

I love this cover and anything zombie is right down my alley. Thanks for sharing!

Ana said...

Hello Cara! I saw your comment on Celeste's website. I agree with encouraging not just teens but children to keep journals, too. If nothing else, it is wonderful fun (or embarrassment) to read again later.

Good luck with your writing!

Sheri Fredricks said...

Oddly, I too remember being 16. I remember that time in my life much better than when I turned 21...hehehe. Alice in Zombieland looks interesting. I bet my kids would love it!

Now, I better untie that poor man on the rightside column before he strains his back. :)