Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Warning - may cause sudden orgasm

Romance writers behave badly even when they want to be good. Even those of us in towns so small, we only have two stop lights. Blueberry Festival is “The Big Event” in my little town. People from all over the state visit for Blueberry pancakes and all the festivities. A couple years ago, the Wine & Craft Beer Tasting event was added to schedule. A friend worked it last year and I jumped at the chance to work with her.  Wine tasting was my parents’ hobby and I spent parts of my childhood summers in wineries. I gained knowledge and appreciation of wine. Put that along with spending an evening hanging with my best gal pal would add up to a good time.
Author Mary Quast & pal, Kenda




Kendra and I arrived at the entertainment tent and were assigned a promotion table of semi-sweet, semi-dry table wines. She was given two different kinds of Chardonnay. I was given a bottle of Menage a Trois Silk. We were given information sheets for each bottle. 





The Winemaker Notes read much like a synopsis of an erotic romance.

Orgasm in a Bottle?
“Lose yourself in the sensual pleasures of Menage a Trois Silk – a smooth, seductive red blend that caresses you with every sip. With its bright, red ruby hue in the glass and alluring fragrance of dried violet and berries, Silk beckons, promising an unforgettable experience. Succulent cherry and ripe raspberry flavors mingle with delicate hints of rose petals and toasty spice, and glide gracefully across you palate like liquid silk. Seamless and lustrous, Silk is the lavish, luxurious encounter you’ve been craving.

Wait… are we talking about wine or foreplay?


Using phrases such as “the gossamer texture is sensually appealing”, “not the feminine creature on may imagine”, “a bath of melted chocolate”, "smooth as silk drifting across skin" are definitely intriguing. The bottle should have a warning label, “Warning. May cause a sudden orgasm.”

Perhaps if I run out of stories to write, I may take up writing sensual promos for wine companies.

Nontheless, Kendra and I knew we were in for a night of fun. We giggled over the info sheet until our “wine man” came over to our table. A tall, young man in his twenties guided us through special features of Kendra’s wines. Then he picked up my bottle.

“Ah, Menage a Trois,” he held it admiring the deep red color. “Do you know what it is?”

At that moment, Kendra and I almost spit out the wine we were sipping. He raised an eyebrow and looked at us as if he missed the joke.

“Of course I know what it is.” I stifled a giggle. Kendra had to turn her back to us. “It’s a dry red wine.”

“Yes it is!” He seemed impressed that I knew.

“It’s also a good wine to lick off of someone.” I said matter-of-factly. Kendra was close to coming unglued.

“Pardon?” The young man obviously missed my comment due to the DJ doing a sound check at that moment.

After a short, not so serious conversation, the wine rep sadly informed me that most people wouldn’t like my wine and I shouldn’t expect to go through an entire bottle during the 5 hour event.

“Don’t worry, I got this.” I smirked.

By the end of the night I emptied three bottles to many folks anxious for a taste after being filled with wonderful images of sipping the wine while eating chocolate sitting by a fire in fireplace. However, some of my friends who I can use strong visual suggestions, were interested in how the spice in the wine becomes more prominent while being liked off warm skin. I informed them that kind of taste test must be done in the privacy of their own home.

Give it a try. I dare you.

********************************************************************************


Romance Author and Artist Mary Quast lives in a log home affectionately named "Camp Run-A-Muk" located in the woods of Michigan with her husband, three sons, and a collection of animal family members. As a professional artist, Mary Quast answered the call to express herself creatively.

 With her descriptive writing style she has developed a knack for creating passionate characters and realistic settings. Quast is one of the original writers for the 1 Night Stand Series published by Decadent Publishing. When she’s not busy writing contemporary erotic romance novels, novelettes, and short stories, Mary Quast doles out sensual tips and yummy eye candy on her blog “Romantic Interludes”.




No comments: