1. Plan to have more sex. We schedule time to shop, get our hair done, and take the kids to practice... Being spontaneous is not always easy and by making some simple plans to be more sexual, you'll actually end up having more sex.
2. Get away from it all. Send the kids away for the weekend or escape for a night alone. Grab a movie, dinner and a romp in a cheap hotel. Use this time to NOT talk about family, friends or work. Focus on each other.
3. Do some redecorating in the bedroom. Our surroundings have a significant impact on how we feel. Turn your bedroom into a sensual room. Try out new fabrics in jewel tones and fresh flowers. Add some sexy satins, new pillows, mirrors, incense or candles, and even artwork to create an environment to bring out your sexual animal.
4. Exercise more. I'm talking about doing the horizontal mambo three /four times a week. Not only are calories being burned in a super fun way, but with each orgasmic session your endorphins (the chemical in your brain that makes you happy) will do miracles for your mood and zest for life!
5. Stop the sensory deprivations. Get off the computer; turn off your cell phone, put down the your e-reader. It's time to get your hands into life! Cook with your honey and savor every tasty moment. Inhale life's scents and enjoy the fragrance of the world around you whether it is a sensual perfume or the way the air smells after a rain shower. Gaze into your partner's eyes and drown in the lipid pools of desire.
6. Make time for couple time. Give each other full body massages. Invest in some scented massage candles and let your inhibitions fly out the window. Pick up some edible massage oil. Don't leave out the happy ending!
7. Eat in bed. Whipped cream, chocolate body paint, honey dust! Don't want to get too messy? Enjoy small fingers foods and feed them to each other. Decadent and suggestive foods coupled with steamy sex make a rather delicious combination.
8. Make food a sensual part of your life. Forget the chips and go for the juicy, creamy and succulent stuff. Fresh strawberries, ripe peaches, and bananas can be cut into bite sizes. Finger food can be very sensual; take your time eating to experience the textures and flavors. Savoring food can be great practice for savoring sex.
10. Make yourself feel sexier every day. Go through your panty drawer and buy yourself some new sexier styles. Lose the flannels, the old football jersey and stop lounging about with holey socks. Try some sexy silk pajamas or simple lingerie you can wear under your clothes. Treating yourself to sexier underclothes will help you tap into your sexy side. Indulge in a new fragrance that makes your partner hot. Wax, shave, work out... whatever makes you feel good about yourself and sexy. When you feel sexy, it shows.
11. Have an affair - with your partner of course! Here's your chance to have fun with a sexual fantasy. Share your fantasies with each other or create one together then act on them. Dress as a seductive stranger and meet at a secret location, hotel, or bar. Have fun with costumes, they can be just what you need to get started. Go simple by leaving love notes for each other and do a little "sexting" in the middle of the day.
12. Get back to the basics. Rediscover the art of kissing. Spend a night simply "making out". Just be careful if you go "parking". Be open and honest with your partner by sharing what really turns you on. Be romantic by leaving notes with hints and sexy suggestions where your honey will find them. Take time to explore each other's bodies to learn likes and dislikes. Be open to pleasure.
13. Be more playful and creative. Try something sexually new. Play with sex toys. Visit a swingers' club. Get a book on sexual positions and try all of them at least once. For a more spiritual sex life, study Kama Sutra. Take a class on strip tease or belly dancing. Pick up a couple sex games and play. Feel free to visit your local adult store, the staff is very discreet and helpful.Author's Note: My favorite shop is Lovers' Lane. I feel comfortable working with the staff, they help me find things to compliment my curves and feel sexy. I (and hubby) have enjoyed every purchase!
When she isn't getting "bleacher butt" while watching her boys play football and baseball, she writes for the 1 Night Stand series from Decadent Publishing and her short stories can be found dirt cheap on Smashwords.
Other than writing contemporary erotic romance novels, novelettes, and short stories, Mary doles out sensual tips and yummy eye candy on her blog “Romantic Interludes”.
Mary has been known to make special appearances online as well as in book shops, coffee shops and at Lori Foster's Reader & Author Get Together.
Find Mary Quast on...