Sunday, December 25, 2016

RomWBB Writers Christmas & Holiday Wishes Part 2



Christa Paige
I am a girlie girl. I like ribbons and bows. I like the Sparkle. I really like pretty things. While my kids were young, we’d go to the tree lot every Christmas and it would be a painstaking ordeal to pick out the perfect, fluffy, tall and gorgeous tree. We’d spend the evening listening to music with the television set to the fireplace channel—this is SoCal we are too warm for actual fires most of the time- crackling and popping. My kids would hum Christmas Carols and decorate the tree. When complete, I’d snap a photo and marvel at the glorious beauty our Fir tree had become.

You might be noticing I keep say the word would…as in past tense.

A few years ago, my lovely teenaged daughters started having super busy lives. We waited to the very last minute to get a tree, like a week before Christmas. It was raining, cold and muddy. So, my daughter picked out the closest one still wrapped in twine and we brought it home practically sight unseen. Once it had been situated in the corner a lopsided, spindly wonder, we all burst out into tummy aching laughter. We’d picked the ugliest tree in the lot, for sure!

That night our newest Christmas tradition was born. Now, each new tree shopping experience is filled with tears of laughter, bending over with guffaws, snorting giggles, and just straight up joy as we look for the most dejected, ugly, and otherwise not beautiful Christmas tree.

(I do have a few moments of regret when my kids aren’t looking though because I miss the pretty tree but we won’t tell them that mom struggles with the ugly one.)

This year’s tree is a short, stubby Gimli/R2D2 type tree. At least it has a branch for a tree-topper, even if it is hanging askew. 

As you can tell, I am a bit of a traditions/ceremonies/rituals gal. My family has a ton of them from silly birthday names to whip cream fights to playing Memory during Ornament night. It might be why my Vampires in the Blood-Vine series have a whole bunch of them, too. 

If you’d like to learn more about the Komar family traditions, come on over to my site at christapaige.com and read about how the kraliyet-those fanged aristocrats-celebrate Christmas Kan Asma style. They have a ritual, but it surely doesn’t involve ugly trees. Nope, not at all.

Visit my Amazon author page to purchase my books.

Have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas.
Christa



Mary Quast
I’m married to a pilot who is usually on the other side of the world half of the time. I have three boys – one in middle school, one in high school and one in college. Like many families, Christmas is a CRAZY time of year for us. The holidays are supposed to help bring the child out in all of us. It’s the opportunity to renew relationships.  I think it’s a great time to add a little romance. I know it’s hard to do with all the hustle and bustle of the season but trust me… it’s possible. I’m not talking about hanging a clump of mistletoe and pouring a glass of wine. Oh that’s great but there is more. If I can manage a bit of romance while stuck in a log home, in the middle of the woods, with four guys… you can too!

Check out my blog for tried-and-true tips on how to add a spark of romance to your holidays.

Facebook
Twitter: @MaryQuast
Website/blog
Pinterest


Bogna Maslanka
Every Christmas, my mother would let us have a full can of Coca-Cola Classic in a Santa Claus can. Nowadays, I split my time between writing romance and working for Coca-Cola. I always look forward to the Holiday and winter themed cans and bottles. This year we had snowflakes, red ribbons, adorable polar bears and of course, Santa. I still enjoy a can of Santa Coke every Christmas, but as I've gotten older I've become a bit more creative.

Rum and Coke Float
1 Scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1 can (12oz) Classic Coca-Cola
2 oz Dark Rum (Or however much rum you would like)
Marciano cherries and whipped cream are optional.

Place 1 scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in a frosty glass. Top with Classic Coke and rum. Mix together, top with whipped cream and a cherry. Enjoy!

Have a thirst for all things erotica and the ramblings of an undercaffeinated madwoman? Follow me on Twitter and lets chat!

Have a happy and safe holiday!
XOXO, Bogna Maslanka


Christa Maurice
My all-time favorite Christmas special is Opus'n Bill in A Wish For Wings That Work. ALL TIME. I caught it one year completely by accident and I'm pretty sure that's the only year it was aired. It's required watching every holiday season. Usually twice. more…

Join my mailing list

Merry Christmas,
Christa Maurice



Jeanne St. James
The week between Christmas and New Year’s Day is a great time to reflect about how the past year has gone and how to shape the next year. We all have goals and wishes for our future, and by putting those thoughts into written words will not only give you goals to strive for, but a year from now you’ll see just how far you’ve come.

Here is a link to one of my favorite Christmas cookie, the Sand Tart.

Wishing all of my readers healthy and happy holidays, as well as a great 2017!

Jeanne St. James






Cailin Briste
Even on Christmas our military men and women are called on to do hard things. The following service members gave their lives in December 2015. Please remember all those who serve and the families of all those who have died in the past year.

Honor the Fallen

Below is a list of combat deaths in December 2015. Nearly four times as many active duty service members committed suicide in 2015. Accidents, such as the marine pilot who lost his life recently on a training mission, also took the lives of many more. Please pray for the safety of all our troops.

Air Force Staff Sgt. Louis M. Bonacasa
December 21, 2015

Air Force Staff Sgt. Michael A. Cinco
December 21, 2015

Air Force Technical Sgt. Joseph G. Lemm
December 21, 2015

Air Force Staff Sgt. Chester J. McBride
December 21, 2015

Air Force Staff Sgt. Peter W. Taub
December 21, 2015

Air Force Maj. Adrianna M. Vorderbruggen
December 21, 2015
Have a blessed and Merry Christmas,

No comments: