I covered rules for dating immortals a couple of weeks ago, and promised a special, gay immmortal version for this week. Perhaps one for dating female immortals should be next, since these two are geared toward the macho side? Let me know.
So, what should you consider when dating a gay immortal? Here are thirteen tips.
- Go out with your immortal guy because you like him as a person, rather than to find The One. Face it, how many times are you going to get a date with an immortal? Even if it doesn't work out, this will be a date to remember. Enjoy it just for the experience.
- One caveat: remember your immortal may enjoy death-defying endeavors on dates, but unlike him, you won't live forever. Wear a seat belt, a helmet, and unless he's immune to everything and can prove it... use a condom. ;)
- In addition, if he's bi, accept it. It's true that he may not have found Mr. Right yet and you may be The One. It's also likely he's simply in touch with his polyamorous inner lover and enjoys a wide variety of relationships.
- If your gay immortal is a shapeshifter, were, or undead, these add an entirely new level to your relationship. Are you sure you're ready for sex with a guy who's really (and I do mean really) a beast?
- Don't offer your guy flowers, candy, or other trinkets on the first date. Immortals are used to giving gifts, but are often uncomfortable with getting them. However, after a few dates, if you bring him flowers, he'll be surprised, and likely touched that you took time to think of him. In a way, flowers on a first date are expected -- but flowers on the fourth are not. Surprise him.
- Speaking of gifts, if you want something to stun him, why not give him the stars? No, really. Go to http://www.starregistry.com/ and you can name a star for him, get a certificate, and present it to him. If he's from the future, he might even share memories of having visited there.
- Get your sleep. Immortals tend to "stay up all night" if you get my drift, and you'll want to be well rested to take advantage of that. ;)
- Be on time. He might not be, depending on what era he's from (future, past, and present sometimes run together for an immortal), and that's something to deal with if necessary, but don't keep him waiting. He's spent enough time alone as it is.
- Dress comfortably, but well. The first date is definitely the time to break out sexy underwear. Whether he ever sees it is another matter. It will give you a feeling of looking and feeling your best, which brings us to the next point.
- Have confidence in yourself. Engage in some positive self-talk before you go out on that first date. Guys who know what they want are attractive.
- Speaking of want... In sales, they say never to "leave money on the table" - meaning to present your best products and ask for the sale or to negotiate. Don't pass up an opportunity to be with an immortal because you failed to ask for what you want. If you want him, say so.
- Use the law of attraction to win his heart. This can be true with any guy, but for an immortal, it's vital. What is this law? "You get back what you give out." Project a positive, energetic vibe by looking for ways to make him happy, and he will respond in kind.
- That said, if you give and give, and he only takes and takes... that's nothing to do with his being male, gay, or immortal. He's just a jerk. Move on.
|Enjoy the experience|
So, what are your tips for dating immortals? And if you've got one or two for gay immortals, share!
Kayelle Allen writes about the Sempervians, genetically enhanced immortal warriors created during Earth's twenty-sixth century. Some are straight, some are gay, and all are H-O-T!