This is a basic DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) take down notice. Copy this and use it as a template for your own letters. Following are 13 known pirate sites and a listing where you can send a take down request.
- - -
Pursuant to 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:
1. I, REALNAME, writing as PENNAME, am the exclusive rights holder for:
Available for sale at: URL
With the following ISBN:
2. These exclusive rights are being violated by material available on your site at the following URL;
3. I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, or the law;
4. Under penalty of perjury in a United States court of law, I state that the information contained in this notification is accurate, and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the exclusive rights holder for the material in question;
5. I may be contacted by the following methods:
REALNAME / PENNAME
PHYSICAL ADDRESS, CITY, ST, ZIP
I hereby request that you remove or disable access to this material as it appears on your service in as expedient a fashion as possible. Thank you.
Consider this my electronic signature.
(note: Use /name/ to indicate a legal electronic signature and then write it again below.)
- - -
|Take aim at pirates|
Never be rude. This is a professional document. They will ignore threats and likely ban your email.
Use the words "linked to your site" vs. "available on your site." They vehemently deny any copyrighted material is hosted there and will ignore your request if submitted as a copyright violation. Use the words Copyrighted Content Removal Request as the subject.
Some torrents will reply with an auto-letter that may ask for more information, yet provide no link or email to respond. It may make no reference to your request, give you a tracking number, nor provide an accurate website. At least one site I know of responds from what appears to be a bank. Do not be fooled by this. They are attempting to make you angry so you will go back to the form input and give them a piece of your mind. Do not do it. They received your request. Give them two business days to respond. If nothing by the end of the 3rd day, resubmit your request, following their exact specifications. If you do not write the request as they state, they will ignore you.
Remember, as frustrating as this is, they are your link to protection. Do not lose your cool. Be professional and treat this like any other business.
- - -
- 101 downloads http://www.10xdownloads.com/support.asp
- 10x downloads http://www.10xdownloads.com/support.asp
- 4shared.com http://www.4shared.com/abuse.jsp?&abuseType=2&link=
- Dreamhost email@example.com
- egyptfans.net http://www.egyptfans.net/
- epubbud.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- fenopy http://fenopy.com/info/contact
- filehat.com http://filehat.com/en/report.php
- hotfile http://www.egyptfans.net/Contact-Us/
Mininova email@example.com copyright@ mininova .org
- ifile.it firstname.lastname@example.org admin@ ifile.it (not com)
- isohunt http://isohunt.com/dmca-copyright.php
- loadmart email@example.com copyright@ loadmart .com
The Tarthian Empire was created by Kayelle Allen, an award-winning, multi-published author. Her heroes and heroines include badass immortals, warriors who purr, and agents who find the unfindable--or hide it forever. She is known for unstoppable heroes, uncompromising love, and unforgettable passion.