Monday, February 28, 2011
My newest novella, Rachel's Desire, was released today through Secret Cravings Publishing. Needless to say I am ecstatic-
What's a woman to do when her sexual needs are ignored? Every woman has
needs and sexual desire.
When Rachel Chambers' married lover is selfish and demanding, she turns to
her best friend Kari Burton for support, venting...and love. A girl knows what
she needs and right now Rachel needs Kari.
A girl's night in turns into a night of explosive passion and realization of
To purchase Rachel's Desire go to the publisher's website here. It will be available soon through B&N and amazon too.
Follow me on my facebook fan page
and on twitter
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Plotter or Pantser? Why?
Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?
What are your favorite TV shows?
What songs are most played on your iPod?
I need you now – Lady Antebellum
What is your favorite meal?
Beatles or Monkees? Why?
|CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW|
RED LIPSTICK JOURNALS
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Erotic vs Porn – What Is The Difference?
Friday, February 25, 2011
"Historians really don't know much about the early history of kissing. Four texts, written in Vedic Sanskrit around 1500 B.C., describe people kissing so it was an act existing at that time. This doesn't mean that nobody kissed before then, and it doesn't mean that Indians were the first to kiss. Artists and writers may have just considered kissing too private to depict in art or literature."
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
7th Annual Reader & Author Get Together from Lori Foster, Dianne Castell, Linda Keller in Cincinnati the first weekend of June.
Some of my friends that will be there- Secret Cravings Publishing publisher Beth Walker, fellow erotic romance authors Jennifer Jakes, Trinity Blacio, Shiloh Walker, Layla Hunter, Kim Killion, Paige Tyler, J.A. Saare, Missy Martine...the list goes on and on. I will be in erotic romance author haven, ecstasy, euphoria...ok, I'll stop.
But back to friends-
All the RWBB authors and bloggers- I may have never met you...but we have a connection- I feel close to you and appreciate all the help you've passed along to me, all the advice you've willing given me and all the times you thanked me. Love you all- you're the blog group that gave me the break I needed.
All the SCP authors that I've come to know, appreciate and love you like family (well, actually more than family- we all have THOSE family members we'd rather not talk about, LOL).
Thanks to all of you I have spread my wings, expanded my writing and succeeded in life where I never thought I could.
Kisses to all of you-
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
The last few days has reveled to me why the changes were good. Things are flowing better and moving along. Yes those changes were unexpected and for a moment I thought that it wasn’t something that I could go with but I am glad that I stuck it out. Now that I am seeing what is coming I am ready for it and looking forward to it. Unexpected changes can be very good.
Power of Attraction - A woman whose destiny has been ordained from birth meets the man who has been prophesied for her--but there is more to him than meets the eye. With prophecies and legacies to fulfill, which way will she go: to a man who may be possibly her mate, or to a dark legacy that could take her life.
Buy here at Total-E-Bound.
Monday, February 21, 2011
This is one of those books that as I was writing, I almost trashed it on more than one occasion, but Tessa and Josh wouldn't shut up, so I kept writing. I'm glad I did because I really like the way it turned out, thanks in a large part to my editor at Carina Press, Kym.
Here's the blurb: Two years after leaving home to make his own fortune, Joshua Bradley has finally returned to the Bradley Equine Ranch—and to Tessa McCade, the sexy ranch manager with whom he shared a single steamy tryst.
Tessa now owns the ranch like she’s always dreamed—but it’s in trouble. Dozens of horses have been lost and she’s on the brink of bankruptcy. To save his family’s business, Josh offers to buy it from her…and share the ranch house with her once again.
Tessa chafes at needing Josh’s help, but she’s never forgotten the taste of pleasure Josh gave her so long ago. Soon, neither of them can resist the desire mounting between them, and unleash a passion that is even more powerful than Tessa’s pride…
How about a sexy excerpt?
She spun toward him again and threw the pitchfork into an empty stall. It hit the wall with a satisfying clatter, making the horses dance and whinny in fright, but he stood like a statue, apparently expecting her show of temper. In fact, the cocky glint in his eye proved he enjoyed it. She stomped over to him. “Why?” She curled her hands into fists; her fingernails dug into her palms. It was either that or pull his hair out in clumps.
He leaned on the handle of his pitchfork. “Why what?” His shit-eating grin infuriated her. He was damn lucky she’d tossed her weapon.
“Why would you sneak around and go over my head like that, knowing I’m selling the ranch to you? Is this your way of taunting me? Why didn’t you wait until I was gone?”
“I’m not taunting you, Tess, and I didn’t go over your head. The offer is there. It’s up to you whether you take it. I’m helping you.”
“I don’t want your help.”
“Maybe not, but you need it.”
“Not if you can do it yourself. You knew I wanted that sperm. Now I’ll have to watch that little dream come true and then leave BER. I can’t do it. I want out.”
His grin widened, and her arms shook with restraint. “Show me the P and L. Then I’ll buy.”
“Save your money. You’ve proved you don’t need me here. Buy BER for market value. I just want out.”
“Nope.” His eyes twinkled. “I don’t want to buy a market-value ranch. I want a top-of-the-line operation.”
“Why, so you can throw it away like everything else Daddy gave you?”
As soon as the words left her tongue, she wanted to bite them back, but it did wipe that grin off his face. She looked away as quickly as she could and took a step back to storm out the door.
His pitchfork fell to the ground a second before he grabbed her shoulders. “Is that what you think? That I left here because I’m a spoiled little rich boy?” He yanked her against him, and she held on to his coat for stability.
“I…I don’t know.” Why hadn’t she kept her mouth shut?
“You seemed pretty sure of yourself a second ago. Didn’t you ever wonder why I left that day? Hours after I touched you, tasted you?” His breath washed across her cold cheeks.
“No,” she lied.
“First insults and now lies. I can think of better uses for that mouth.”
She parted her lips to protest, but she barely had time to inhale before his mouth came down on hers with a punishing force. Tessa whimpered, but she couldn’t fault him for the brutality. He wasn’t restraining her. Instead she melted in his arms. What was it about this man that defused her anger with a simple touch?
His lips were cool, but his tongue was warm as it toured her mouth, exploring every crevice. Her traitorous body responding to his. She reached up to his neck, gripped his scalp and secured his lips against hers, sending his hat tumbling into the straw at their feet.
Eventually she’d recall this moment in the solitude of her bedroom, and she’d probably regret it. For now she wanted to enjoy everything he had to give. She latched on to his tongue like a hungry newborn kitten to a teat.
“I love it,” he murmured, moving away from her mouth only to nibble a trail along her jaw. “You taste amazing. Even when you’re pissing me off.”
Tessa should have been paying attention to his words. She should be even angrier he would take advantage of their obvious desire for each other in order to distract her from her tirade.
Later.You can find more information about Tessa's Pride on my website, along with buy links, a free prequel download and excerpts.
Thanks for celebrating release day with me!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
(Follow my blog for release details -
Keta's Keep Romance Blog
Derek’s one true desire is to father an heir to Stafford House, thereby securing his future. He didn’t count on the Scottish lass with green eyes interfering with his well-laid plan. After one night in her arms, guilt, not to mention the loss of his soul, became his penance. He’ll do anything to win her back, anything to quench the hunger tormenting him.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Happy Late Saturday, everyone.
This X-poem is about my goddess heroine in a novella [not pubbed] that I wrote about eleven years ago, titled ~ Goddess from the Dark Side of the Moon ~ the hero betrayed the heroine by pretending to be another man. Not knowing he was the god she refused as her lover, she fell in love with him as the man he pretended to be while on an Earth mission.
she slid down his cheek
as one drop of rain.
To torment him further
she rained herself
upon his dark golden hair.
To torture his need for her
she sluiced her goddess essence
over his Apollo-handsome physique
caressing every bold muscle,
every masculine plane of him
until he raised his face
to Earth’s gray pearl sky
and silently shouted her name.
She bathed him in her
beauteous Venus nature
until he clenched his eyelids
and begged for her.
She showered him with her desires
until he groaned like Mt. Vesuvius.
Until he screamed through the cosmos
pleading for her favor.
His human body strained,
a statue of blazing marble for her.
Taking her woman’s revenge
she whirled as sheets of rain around
his naked body, shuddering him.
She saturated him with her
erotic dreams of him.
Slowly, she slid her watery being,
her silvered transparency
down his taut agonized groin
and spun up his pillar-standing phallus.
Wickedly, she drove him to the brink
of ecstasy, then flowed from him,
denying him, leaving him to feel
the lava blazes of Hades,
as if the Lord of the Underworld
consumed his flesh to punish his
lover’s misdeeds, his betrayal of her.
Satisfied, still she cried her own tears
as splashing drops of rain
upon the thirsty Earth.
Transforming to ethereal goddess
above him, she whispered his name.
He opened his dark-as-midnight eyes
and she vanished from him
like wisps of fairy mist
before the gold-soft brilliance
of the morning’s risen sun.
Happy Erotic Romance Reading...
Savanna Kougar ~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~
Friday, February 18, 2011
Guys who use corny pick-up lines are usually not the brightest light bulbs in the chandelier, and unless you want every girl you pick up to think you're a moron, don't use these lines. Yes, they're sometimes funny and they are usually clever, but they won't get you anywhere.
1. Was your father a thief? 'Cause someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.
2. Can I borrow a quarter? ["What for?"] I want to call my mom and tell her I just met the woman of my dreams.
3. Damn, if being sexy was a crime, you'd be guilty as charged!
4. Do you have a map? Because I just keep getting lost in your eyes!
5. Somebody better call God, cuz heaven's missing an angel!
6. Excuse me; can you empty your pockets? I believe you have stolen my heart.
7. Are you religious? Cause you are the answers to all my prayers.
8. My love for you is like the universe... never-ending!
9. I must be a snowflake, 'cuz I've fallen for you.
10. When God made you, he was showing off.
11. Hi, I'm Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me.
What have been some of the worst pick up lines you've ever heard?
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Has your sex life hit a road bump and just limping along? Between kids, work and the stress of everyday life can turn great sex into a fantasy. Here are just a few little booster to get back in gear and on the road to Hot Romance.
1. Create a sexy space. Make your bedroom feel like a place for romance not an office or nursery.
2. Use a form of birth control you are confident with.
3. Talk to your doctor about the medications you may be taking. Some prescription drugs can dull your sex drive.
4. Make time in your schedule for sleep. When you're tired, you'd rather sleep than have sex.
5. Remind yourself that you deserve to have fabulous sex. So what if you haven't dropped that baby weight, or that certain body parts aren't as perky... your partner isn't worried about little imperfections.
6. Make a date. Hey... you plan when you run errands so why not plan a special time with that special someone?
7. Get connected. Start sexting your partner or send some yummy photos of yourself. Leave love notes under the pillow or in a briefcase. Little racy vibes you give can lead to titillating anticipation.
8. Get fit. I'm not talking working out, but maybe some yoga or Pilates or something as simple as Kegels. This type of fitness will strengthen your pelvic floor muscles thus giving you more feeling and control.
9. Don't let physical conditions impact your sex life. If you have heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes, work with your doctor on concerns you might have so you may have a healthy relationship.
10. Improve your libido Eat more fish such as salmon or lake trout or start taking supplements. Fish oil boosts the testosterone in your body for a quicker arousal. Check with your local health food store for other libido improving suppliments.
11. Sex shouldn't be painful. Many women have the issue of dryness. There are many lubricants available on the market right now so experiment what works. The right one can really help! Try different positions as well.
12. Remember: Porn positions are for the pros. Your man is turned on by YOU. Tell him what you like. Don't be bossy, be sensual by taking his hand and leading him down the path. Show him where and how you like to be touched.
13. Get a little adventurous. You don't have to get all crazy but start out slow. Visit a local shop for lovers. Pick up a simple game. Think seriously about things such as lotions, blindfolds, hand cuffs, feathers. and vibrators. When you pick items out together, you'll laugh, open up to each other more, and enjoy some out of this world sex!
Mary Quast is the author of the sensual Soul Series. Check out her blog, Romantic Interludes during the month of February as she celebrates the 2nd anniversary of her 2nd book, Tormented Soul.
Visit her website.