Thursday, July 28, 2011

13 Quotes from my Alpha Luc Saint-Cyr

In the beds of countless lovers, the immortal Luc Saint-Cyr has been mastered as well as master, commanded as well as commander. When his mortal lover leaves him, the distraught Luc withdraws and devotes himself to work. His entertainment company throws a ceremony for their most successful rock group, and Luc meets drummer Izzorah "Rah" Ceeow, one of the feline Kin race. Rah's dark hair and velvety, golden furskin captivate Luc. Pert cat's ears and a quick smile lighten his mood, and one look into Rah's emerald eyes, deep and tranquil as a forest pool, and troubles cease.


He suspects the mid-twenties male is a virgin, and Luc, fascinated by Rah’s quiet serenity and lack of guile, longs for a deeper, closer relationship. Savoring Rah’s surrender will be as delicious as taking him. Luc will force nothing. Rah will give himself to Luc when he is ready to surrender his innocence, to capitulate every part of himself to Luc’s command. Rah will open himself and let himself be taken. Luc’s anticipation and desire are palpable; as real as his hunger for faithful, unconditional love. But to gain Rah, how much of himself is Luc willing to surrender?

Today is Thursday Thirteen, so I'm sharing 13 quotes from Luc Saint-Cyr, who's been in six of my books, and is one of the heroes in my current work in progress as well. I chose two from each book, and one from the book I'm finishing. An alpha among alphas, Luc commands attention without being vain, and he gains respect by his true concern for others. Cross him however, and there is no place in the universe to hide.

Luc in a tux
Each quote is given, followed by the occasion of the comment, and the book in which it's found.

---

1. "Listen to me, my young Deshai. Despite the romantic nonsense you've heard about Betters being extraordinary lovers, their kisses can poison you. If her saliva mixes with yours, she can control your mind. The touch of her hands will drive you insane. There are ancient myths about sirens, women who used their voices to lure men and then slay them. Betters aren't mythical. They're real. If she subjects you to her passion, you'll be at the mercy of her pleasure forever."
To Senth about NarrAy
At the Mercy of Her Pleasure

2. The Harbinger laughed, obviously enjoying himself. "Do I know the law? Son, I've been breaking it for so many years, I know it better than any of those high-paid courtside braggarts. Besides, none of the lawyers I contacted had enough clout with the judges. Understand something, Khyffen. When I finagled you a 'fair and impartial' judge, I had no intention of letting you stay in here."
To Khyff, falsely imprisoned
At the Mercy of Her Pleasure


3. Saint-Cyr remained silent. With his all-black eyes, there was no telling where he looked. Finally, he nodded. "It won't be easy finding another detail-oriented, by-the-book, stringent, weaned-on-pickle-juice hard-ass like you, but I'll try."
To Khyff upon his refusing to accept a job
For Women Only

4. "Bloody hell." Saint-Cyr tossed himself back against the cushions of the car seat. "Do you suppose the woman who ordered him killed at birth knew she was his grandmother?"
To Khyff about Senth
For Women Only


5. "Four reasons." He laid a hand next to the shot glass. "First, the concept of scaring off one bad guy with a bigger one rarely works. That brings us to the second, which assumes your agent will fear me. He may not. Although, unless he's a fool, he should. Third, you didn't simply ask for my help. Fourth, you assumed I would agree to being used."
To Wulf about an enemy Wulf tried to frighten off by being seen with Luc
Wulf, Tales of the Chosen

Books by Kayelle Allen


6. "I'm going to make you writhe beneath me tonight, Wulf." He kissed his way up Wulf's throat. "I want to hear you cry out your pleasure. I want to know what you sound like when you climax." Saint-Cyr licked the smooth throat, sucked a bit of skin into his mouth, and bit it. "I want to hear you groan. Hear you whimper beneath me."
To Wulf on their first night as lovers
Wulf, Tales of the Chosen

7. Saint-Cyr laughed and hugged Wulf against his side. "He asked me to buy him the Fists once. Can you imagine what it would cost to own the most successful sports franchise in the empire? I think I got off easy with just a stadium on Tarth."
To Alitus regarding Wulf
Alitus, Tales of the Chosen

8. "The security tail I put on Wulf said he gave them the slip at an art gallery. He was seen walking through the place with a Better less than an hour ago. A Better who was accompanied by armed Praetorian. Unless you have Praetorian guarding anyone other than Alitus, that was him. Right now, neither of them is in sight and my goons can't find him. Assholes! What the hell am I paying them for if they can't keep him in sight for five minutes?"
To Empress Rheyn Destoiya about Wulf and Alitus sneaking off together
Alitus, Tales of the Chosen

9. "I'm pleased to finally meet you, Jawk." The man's voice had a deep timbre befitting his size. Tall as a Kin, taller than Jawk. Broad shoulders filled out his tux. Wulf had been elegance; Saint-Cyr was power.
To Jawk upon his arrival at Luc's home
Jawk, Tales of the Chosen

10. "Do you know what the word shibboleth means? It's an ancient word to describe the way a culture speaks. 'Physics laws are immutable' is a NETway shibboleth. They are only immutable to those who lack the technology to change them."
To Jawk who argues that Luc's ship can't possibly work
Jawk, Tales of the Chosen

Luc and Izzorah (Rah)
11. "Yes, I want you. Damn it, Izzorah." Luc clenched his fists, opened them to press the fingers of both hands against his brow. He shook his head, lowered his hands. "I crave you the way a thirsty man craves water, but I care about you too much to indulge myself at your expense. You're tired, you're in pain, and you feel you owe me something. Shh." He set one finger against Izzorah's mouth. "Tomorrow, in the light of day, if I'm what you want…come to me. I ask nothing from you except for you to come to me of your own free will." Luc stood, held down one hand. "For now, let's go have dinner and enjoy the rest our evening."
To Izzorah, who confesses he wants Luc
Surrender Love

12. "Yes, that's it." Luc set tiny, nipping kisses all along his jawline, out along his chin. "Give yourself to me. Surrender your heart. I want your tongue inside my mouth and licking down my chest and scraping across my nipples." He pulled back and rose over him so Izzorah could see his face. "I want this pretty mouth wrapped around my cock. I want you sucking me until your cheeks hollow. I want to look down into these green, green eyes while I come."
To Izzorah
Surrender Love


Luc opens his arms to Rah
13. "My lord." Luc bit his lower lip, reached out and took one of Pietas's hands, drawing his ruler's suspicious gaze. "Can you explain why, after all these centuries we've been apart, you still profess to love me, and yet doubt that I am less capable of doing the same thing? You created me. Of course I am like you." Luc let go of his hand. "I am every bit as determined to keep Izzorah as you were to keep me. You kept me at your side until I begged you to release me. How many centuries did it take before you let me go? Two? Three?"
To Pietas regarding Luc's love for Izzorah
Surrender Trust (work in progress) sequel to Surrender Love


Video of Luc Saint-Cyr and Izzorah "Izzy" Ceeow from Surrender Love
(Luc calls Izzy "Rah" which means passion in Luc's native tongue)








4 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Kayelle, authorly amazing! I'm inspired by you. I'd watch the vid, but I'm dial-up... it takes forever to load.

Kayelle Allen said...

Thank you Savanna. Sorry you can't see the vid. I use cats for the characters, and found the coolest pictures! Luc is fun to write.

Cara Bristol said...

Fantastic dialog!

Kayelle Allen said...

Thank you, Cara! ^_^