Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Hot Body by Any Other Name

I happened upon author Morgan Hawke's website recently, and discovered her wonderfully useful Erotic Thesaurus. You can find it here:  http://www.darkerotica.net/EroticThesaurus.html

Authors should find this useful, and readers will enjoy checking out the cool connections to all things erotic.

Check out her list of similar words for "wet."
bathe, bleed, burst, cascade, course, cover, cream, damp, dampen, deluge, dip, douse, drench, dribble, drip, drizzle, drool, drop, drown, dunk, erupt, flood, flow, gush, immerse, issue, jet, leach, leak, moisten, ooze, overflow, permeate, plunge, pour, rain, rinse, run, salivate, saturate, secrete, seep, shower, shoot, slaver, slobber, slop, slosh, sluice, spill, soak, souse, spew, spit, splash, splatter, spout, spray, sprinkle, spurt, squirt, steep, stream, submerge, surge, swab, swamp, swill, swim, trickle, wash, water

I decided to use a few of the words above in the same sentence, varying only the words. Check out the subtle differences in meaning. Only the middle paragraph has been altered.

He entered the room, shoulders too broad to walk straight through the door. He had to turn a little, and lower his head a bit.
One look at him and my panties were wet. I felt my juices gather, and then begin to slide down the inside of my thigh. I pressed my legs together.
He turned his head and met my gaze. He quirked his lips upward. Could he smell how aroused I was?

He entered the room, shoulders too broad to walk straight through the door. He had to turn a little, and lower his head a bit.
One look at him and my sex moistened with desire. I felt cream begin to saturate my panties, soaking the insides of my thighs. A spasm announced the onset of an orgasm.
He turned his head and met my gaze. He quirked his lips upward. Could he smell how aroused I was?

He entered the room, shoulders too broad to walk straight through the door. He had to turn a little, and lower his head a bit.
One look at him and my pussy salivated. My vagina felt swollen, and it throbbed; the heat permeated my body. Even my eyes felt hot. Moisture streamed down my legs. I parted them.
He turned his head and met my gaze. He quirked his lips upward. Could he smell how aroused I was?
---
Changing only a few words changed the image of the woman, and created a different sensual experience. Any favorite words for expressing the concept of pleasure or sensuality? We can all use a few more of those. :) I promise not to tell. Oh... okay. It'll be a comment on this blog, so you know it'll be public. Go ahead and share it anyway. You know you want to!

5 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Kayelle,
Thanks for this nice little aritcle - I'm impressed. Here's a couple more 'wet' words: dewy, misty, sodden. Thanks for sharing - I also appreciaate the added thesaurus.

Vivien Jackson said...

I love your interpretations with different words; you're right, those totally changed the narrator's character, just with how she described her own feelings.

I read through that thesaurus briefly, and I'd caution folks from using it as a one-for-one interchangeable list. Some of the suggested words aren't the same part of speech as the entry they're grouped with and really wouldn't work as a replacement.

Savanna Kougar said...

Kayelle, fab blog. I'm always looking for different ways to express passion, eroticism and love. And, of course, it's tailored to the heroine or hero.

I like the made up words too, like sex-sational. and to create my own, at times.

THANKS!

Kayelle Allen said...

Like any list, there are words missing, things that don't interpret the same way to everyone, and cool new ideas as well. I use this list as a jumpstart for ideas. It gets me to think in a different dimension. It's also a fun list for triggering images. I'll click on a word and open my online thesaurus to see what words it gives me, and that always seems to lead to another, and another. ^_^ I'm glad you liked it.

Mary Quast said...

I...must...have... that...thesaurs... Penthouse Letters are getting boring.