Monday, January 3, 2011

Tempting Tuesday



Rusted brandy in a diamond glass
everything is made from dreams
time is made from honey slow and sweet
only the fools know what it means
temptation, temptation, temptation
oh, temptation, temptation, I can't resist
I know that she is made of smoke
but I've lost my way
she knows that I am broke
so that I must play
temptation, temptation, temptation
oh, whoa, temptation, temptation, I can't resist
Dutch pink and Italian blue
she is waiting there for you
my will has disappeared
now my confusions oh so clear
temptation, temptation, temptation
whoa, whoa, temptation, temptation
I can't resist
- Tom Waits



Take the word, "Temptation".
Say it out loud, slowly letting it roll across your tongue.
Sprinkle in some voodoo and candle light.
Add the warmth from a well aged bourbon.
Lay with black silk and soft skin.


Don't resist the temptation
but simply let yourself enjoy the moment.
However, one temptation may lead to another
and possibly forever.


Mary Quast is the authot of the sensual Soul Series. Read Painted Soul and you'll be tempted to read Tourmented Soul and Lonely Soul.

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Mary, I adore the word TEMPTATION. Thanks for making it even better.