Friday, July 2, 2010

Flirty Friday: Good Bookstore Pick-up Lines

So, I'm going to admit something here--I've always wanted to be hit on in a bookstore. Now, on husband and I's first date he kissed me in a Barnes and Nobles, but that doesn't count. So in honor of my PG fantasy here are some of the amusing (fake) bookstore pick up lines.

1. Can you reach that for me? (This one works great for me because those helpful bookstore ladders are always super far away and I'm very, very tiny. Simple but effective.)

2. If you were my Daisy, I'd never let you go, war or no war. (Great Gatsby pick up line, got to love it.)

3. So, vamps or werewolves? (Do we even need to ask about this one?)

4.Yeah know, that new release would be a lot more fun on my deck with a glass of wine.

5. Want to start a book club for two and meet every night at my place?

6. Since you like mysteries, if I gave you clues and puzzles to my number, would you call me sometime?

7. If we got together we could be the new classic love story read through the generations.

8. You need to be kissed and by someone who knows how. (Yes, stolen from one of my favorite men in the world, Rhett Butler, but if someone quoted this to me I would go home with him---provided I was still single--do you know how hard it is to get a man to watch Gone with the Wind?)

9. Do you know when you read things you mumble the words out loud? (Good conversation starter even if the person doesn't actually do this lol)

10. Would you like to join me in a caffeinated beverage, my treat? (Old school, but still a good one and if he throws in a free book I'm sold!)

11. Don't read that one, he dies and your too beautiful too look sad. (Although, this spoiler may backfire.)

12. I have a collection of antique books at my house, want to come over and see?

3 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Elise, love it. I have an old WIP with a great scene in a book store.

LORETTA CANTON said...

Well some people has said that I have been in too many bookstores but I never met anyone in one. Just my luck.

lorettaC
lbcanton@verizon.net

Becca Simone said...

I love number 8. Actually, loved them all. Very cute.