Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Form of Seduction

A conversation… well it was more of a debate between my big sis and I led to a very interesting discussion on seduction. We are both avid readers with similar taste. The debate came in when we discussed the merits of the different forms of seduction. We went through the slow and sensual, fast and heated, all the way to the have to have you now. Our opinions varied on each. We did both agree on one. At least we agreed once I explained to my big sis what I meant.

I mentioned to my sis about a book I read that had a scene that I thought was a different form of seduction. Once I gave her examples she sat for a while to think on what I said. I challenged her to think about what I said. Once she figured out what I meant the talk was on. It led to us discussing more of that sort of seduction.

The mind seduction.

In my opinion most seductions start in the mind first. It is those little things that engage you. Make you long for that person. For instance, matching wits with someone who you think of an adversary or just for fun. The mind gets involved first and then it is seduced by that person. Or in some instances being attracted to someone for their brain. Intellectuals are yummy. I love me some geeks. I’m a geek myself. The mind seductions in books are there if you look.

Ever since I came to the realization of mind seduction I’ve found them in books. It is heady to have your mind seduced. The mind is a complex part of your body. Engage it and you get another form of seduction.


****

Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, and Total-E-Bound. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels. You can find out more about Taige at her website: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/ or blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog.

3 comments:

Becca Simone said...

Ooh, the mind seduction. I like that term. I'd say that just might be my favorite type of seduction. :)

Savanna Kougar said...

Taige, I have definitely been there. That's one reason I adore writing dialogue. And, I once fell in love, or in lust, with a man's mind... and, it was terribly heady.

Nessa said...

The mind seduction is the best!